Will I ever get another?

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by IsaacRN, Jul 19, 2007.

1. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

You know.after getting this SR brush..im sad to say i may never get another one unless this one craps out. Why would you need another brush once you found something you like. I could see buying one for the method shaving. What do you all think..

2. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    :eek::eek:

:rofl:rofl:rofl You don't know yet, huh?

3. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

I mean seriously....other than the looks....i dunno....much harder to buy brushes online without checking them out....and...well...i am still a noob so who knows..but i havent even touched my Vulfix since i got the SR.

4. Queen of Blades

Well.....you may be immune to SBAD, but I doubt it. :rolleyes:

5. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

:eek: Say it ain't so!! Just one more brush....just one more brush....

6. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

Ill tell you what.i do have a bad soap/cream AD. I mean.i find myself buying everything in sight.and i havent even used half the stuff i got now :p

7. Queen of Blades

Uh huh. Wait for it.........

8. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

THis is no joke....im like...on a scavenger hunt for coates creams.and i have like 5 tubs of this stuff.....why the hell do i keep looking

9. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

Since I haven't seen Marty around these parts here lately, I'll do it...

Resistance is futile!
    [​IMG]

10. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

There are several types of acquisition disorder.

The one you have with regard to the Coates is one that is driven out of fear....feat that you'll never be able to get it again.

The other AD's are just part of the game.

Sorry, but your SBAD will kick in eventually. The good news is that its natural, so just take it like a man :rofl

11. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

"Thank You, Sir. May I have another" ? !

12. johnniegold

johnniegold New Member

Don't let them get to you Isaac. I did not get one more brush after my Savile Row 3226. I got 5 more. :rolleyes: Still on the lookout too.

13. Bronco

Bronco Mac Daddy

Dr. Knowledge says that you are only in remission and the SBAD will return.:D

14. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

Haha....man....im doomed

15. msandoval858

msandoval858 Active Member

I did ok with one brush until I got started on Method Shaving, which definately requires certain characteristics in a brush to accomplish. Then I started putting soaps in my rotation, which the big floppy brush was useless on. Then I developed a love for Simpsons brushes...

So now I have 6 Simpsons and 2 Shavemasters :eek:

I also see a Chubby 1 in my near future...

Ain't SBAD fun?

:cool:

16. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

What am I up to now? 12 or so? OK, I admit, that's too many but for me it was a natural progression. Cheap to not so cheap to can I really afford this? I will be thinning the herd at some point. Heck, I even have a limited edition brush that hasn't even had a drop of water on it. Saving it for a rainy day. :D

17. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I definitely have to start using the other brushes I have.

18. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

well i think i lucked out with the SR because its stiff enough for soaps and creams. But yeah..i know a shavemac is in my future.and maybe something not as Full as what i got now.

19. Queen of Blades

:taunt002 Told ya!

:happy097

20. bearbeard

bearbeard Right Guard

You need more than one brush. If you use the same brush over and over it will wear out in 10 years or so. If you allow that brush a couple of weeks of rest to completely dry out in open air while using another brush, then that same brush will last a lifetime!!! I have my 3 brushes on a monthly rotation. Sorry to say that is all that I have.