Williams Mug Shave Soap

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Brian, May 17, 2011.

1. Brian

Brian Active Member

For fans of Williams, who like me are forced to seek it on the net due to no local shops stocking it, I have found a fellow on ebay who blows all of the others out of the water for pricing.

He charges $1.99 per puck, BUT that includes shipping!

I have listed his ebay # so you can find it if your interested.

Item number: 160585931159

2. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

You can get it on some pharmacy websites for about $1 a puck, but the shipping is still an issue. I have never used PlanetRx, but there site claims they have free shipping on orders over $45.

3. Jason1977

Jason1977 Active Member

I can get it at walgreens or CVS, no problem. Col. Conk, VDH, & WIlliams are the only ones I can find locally.

4. MarkStar

MarkStar Well-Known Member

Just for the record, he is no longer offering free shipping. He upped it to $5 no matter how many you order.

5. Jason1977

Jason1977 Active Member

heck, if you want it bad enough, just send me the $$$ & I'll even throw in shipping just to help a brother out. It's just a run to CVS. They always have it. Tell me how many pucks you want, I'll get them then just reimburse me.

6. MarkStar

I ordered 2 before he added the shipping. They are $1.89 at my local CVS, I figured the extra $.22 for shipping both to my door was worth it.

I mean, who here doesn't like getting packages in the mail? ;):D:happy102

7. Jason1977

Jason1977 Active Member

True, awesome, that's about par for the course, price-wise. If you need a hand getting more, the offer's on the table. Wouldn't be the 1st time, LOL!

8. MarkStar

I hardly even use it. The 3 pucks I have will probably last years. What with all the ARKO, Cella, Valobra, and Tabac I have.

Thanks for the offer though. :D:thanks It is appreciated.

9. Jason1977

Jason1977 Active Member

I've yet to try Cella & Valobra......I LOVE Tabac & I LOVE Arko.....are cella & Valobra on par w. them? you've got 1/2 of my go-to's there....LOL! Anytime....

10. MarkStar

I'd say they are on par, maybe even a little better, but I don't want to start a fight... LOL

I've got a new block of Valobra coming tomorrow or the next day from Jarrod at TheSuperiorShave.com. PM me your address and I'll send you a sample. ;)

11. Jason1977

Jason1977 Active Member

kewl, perhaps I can send some Williams your way in exchange!

12. MarkStar

No need, just pass it on some day. Thank you.

Heck, my excitement for you to try one of my favorites is payment enough for me! :D

13. Slivovitz

Slivovitz Well-Known Member

I've got twenty-two unopened pucks of Williams, plus one of vintage, plus the one each partially used modern and vintage pucks that are in mugs right now, so I won't be buying any more for a while.

It's a little surprising, though, to see some of the prices people are mentioning. I noticed that it was $1.09 ($1.16 with tax) at my local ShopRite not that long ago. I'll have to check next time I'm there and see if it's gone up a lot. It was always more at the CVS, $1.69 each, last time I noticed.

14. MRast01

MRast01 Well-Known Member

For anyone that has a "Fred's" discount store in their area, they usually have Williams for $1, and as an added bonus I'm a big fan of their store branded DE blades as well.

Jason1977: you mentioned you could pick up Col. Conk locally, just curious what store? Hope that Greensboro, NC might have one as well.

15. Griz

Griz Member

My local Kroger has Williams for .98 cents. If you have one in your area, give them a shot.

Will N.

16. Jason1977

Jason1977 Active Member

Target. There's also an apothecary store downtown here in Greenville, they sell candy, toiletries, it's like a general store. Shaving brushes, NOTHING FANCY...this is more the lower end of the spectrum / get the job done kinda place where the best brush they have is a tweezerman badger. Target always has Col Conk here.

17. MRast01

MRast01 Well-Known Member

Interesting, do you find in the the shaving section? I've seen it on their website, but have not been lucky enough to find in the stores.

18. NoahG

NoahG Member

I can't find anything but VDH here in Vancouver, WA. I remember seeing Williams around last year occasionally, but I wasn't really looking to try it. I ordered 2 of the piucks before the shipping went up and gave one to my friend who I'm looking for the '58 for as he was a williams guy and switched to vdh when it evaporated locally.

19. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

In a few days I will be placing an order with Appleton Barber Supply. They sell Williams for .99 cents per puck. Shipping from them is usually $10.00 flat rate and I have a hard time filling up the box to get my $10.00 worth of shipping. So, if any Ya'll want to stock up let me know and I will throw as many pucks in the box that I can. All you will need to do is pay me back for the puck(s) you order, plus postage to you. Or order them yourself from Appleton Barber. I figure that if you ordered enough you could get them for $1.10 or less shipped.

20. Jason1977

Jason1977 Active Member

I checked today at my local target while doing other shopping & they no longer carry ANY soap. SO there it is. BUT, CVS & Walgreens do, as well as the Apothecary store downtown, MAST GENERAL STORE. They have a website, it's right here in Greenville, SC. I was there this afternoon. I bought Almond Col. COnk Shave soap, & Col. Conk Bay Rum Aftershave Cologne & a liquid soap dispenser...LOL...that looks like the soap is in a mason jar...LOL!