Williams Mug Soap

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Griff76, Jul 9, 2011.

1. Griff76

Griff76 Member

OK starting to get a little suspicious here but when exactly did Williams change their formula?

First puck Feb 11 pink smelled like a cross between talc/baby powder

Second Puck Jul 11 white smells like Citronella.

2. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

The stuff I can buy in the food store has always smelled like citronella to me. I bought a vintage puck the other day and it smells more like soap. Perhaps that earlier puck you got was older or had been stored with the box open?

3. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

How's the lather?

4. Griff76

Griff76 Member

The lather is still the same, meaning pretty good from my point of view. as the pinkish puck I had. The more research I do the more I think some CVS fool may of been doing switch the packaging on me here in Northern VA

5. mwleach58

mwleach58 Active Member

Every time somebody lathers a fresh puck of Williams, a new angel gets its wings!:angelic007

6. crackstar

All I can say is every puck of Williams soap that I bought gave me the worst lather I ever experienced. (Well, maybe I am to blame also) On the other hand, it worked great as a shower soap.

7. mwleach58

mwleach58 Active Member

I'd advise you to toss out that Krypton-tipped Ultra-Super-Deluxe Baby Badger brush, and get yourself a nice Boar with attitude. Or better yet, a cheap brush made with the pelt of this morning's latest highway roadkill scrapings. That will give you a brush with the proper "cojones" to stand up to the Williams, and show it who's boss!!:D

8. Griff76

Griff76 Member

LOL yeah I do not see anything thats not stiff as a rusty nail pulling lather off of the williams, of course the only other soap I have to compare it to is the Col Conk Amer, which my wee lil tweezerman destroys.

Of course I was trying to originally make lather in a tiny bowl thing I got this[​IMG] Which makes an astounding amount of lather if you get it warm.

9. crackstar

I haven't got a Krypton-tipped Ultra-Super-Deluxe Baby Badger Brush like that--I use an Omega Wooden Handle, which has plenty of attitude! ;) :D

10. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

Hmm... it does sound like somebody switched out a puck of Williams for VDH Deluxe.

Does the CVS you purchased it at carry both brands?

11. mwleach58

mwleach58 Active Member

And that's the only way to approach Williams - with attitude. Show it who's boss, and it will love you forever!

12. Griff76

Griff76 Member

Yep they do Bill, frigging guy stocking most of either A spilled them out at the same time and didn't know better, or B was just plain bored

If it was a VDH I had no problem getting that to lather, best shave ever this afternoon with the end of the puck. (BTW thats a head shave not a face shave)

13. crackstar

Ah, maybe this week I'll buy another Williams puck!

14. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

Well with the skeeter be gone scent, you definitely have Williams this time, and I hope it serves you well. :)

15. mwleach58

mwleach58 Active Member

Yesterday I was walking through Honest Ed's - a huge discount emporium in downtown Toronto, and in the shaving section they had cases and cases of Williams stacked up. Clearly, somebody has seen the light and is buying it! $1.50 per box.

16. Williams Warrior

Williams Warrior Well-Known Member

I don't think it could've been a VDH puck, there's no way one would fit in a Williams box they're to fat.

17. Adama

Adama Member

I agree about the Williams lather. So one day, I milled a puck of Williams into a melted puck of VDH. Wow, did I get a great lather from that mixture.

18. stingraysrock

Ditto. Plus VDH is packed in its own plastic tub inside the box....

19. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

Yep, now that you mention it, it wouldn't fit in the box.

:think002 Wonder what was in the box then, his description certainly doesn't sound like Williams.

20. stingraysrock

Maybe the OP meant puck instead of pink...?