Williams Mug Soap

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Griff76, Jul 9, 2011.

1. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

I certainly hope so, or he might have some explaining to do!

[​IMG]

First puck Feb 11 pink smelled like a cross between talc/baby powder???

2. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

She has a great voice!

3. Williams Warrior

Williams Warrior Well-Known Member

:sihns011

4. Williams Warrior

Williams Warrior Well-Known Member

Your right about that, never heard of a pink Williams before. Maybe a face soap of some sort got put in the box instead.

5. mwleach58

mwleach58 Active Member

I have recently seen old pucks of (modern) Williams in various shades of orange, usually in shops that probably have very little turnover of this product. Age related I'd say.

6. Brian

Brian Active Member

And I was hoping it was a new contest by Williams Wonka, and the colored soaps were the "Golden Tickets" for the wetshavers of the world. :happy102

7. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    I doubt it is a typo. Look at it in context of his post.

8. Griff76

Griff76 Member

LOL no I meant Pink...... And I could of swore it was a williams puck, I blame too many beers between Yesterday and February........

I could of gotten it completely wrong, but I doubt it the puck was pink and it was the same size as the williams puck, maybe I didn't buy williams at the same time I thought I had, but I only have the 4 boxes I brought today.

And maybe I am just bat$H!+ crazy :signs140

Thanks though for helping may clear out some misconceptions I apparently had :-p

9. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Anyway, I gave away a brand--new Williams puck just now to my next-door neighbor. Let him enjoy it. :)

10. mwleach58

mwleach58 Active Member

Bless you! May your kind generosity be returned tenfold!

11. EnglishChannel

EnglishChannel Well-Known Member

I have seen and bought Williams

that are both pure white and pinkish orange in color. I have yet to use any of the pinkish orange ones. (Guess I have been stocking up for the shave apocolypse :)

Knowing a little bit about manufacturing automation, I have thought that the Orange Williams bars were the result of a run of different raw material batches.

I would think Williams would buy their raw materials from different companies, based on bids and contracts, always looking for the best prices.

I am sure that their Quality Assurance department makes sure that the important characteristics of the raw materials meets their standards for use in the batch.

Let us know if you see any major difference in the way the product performs. I will do the same, but it may take me awhile...

I am currently using a superb Canatlope scented soap from TSD, a very nice Sandalwood from Ginger's Garden and a VDH puck in my soap rotation.

12. Griff76

Griff76 Member

Well took a whack ot it with the new puck, may have to adjust the waer/soap but by the 3rd pass I had the lather exactly where I wanted it.

Thanks for all the feed back guys!

13. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Thank you my dear sir! :)

14. Regan

Regan Well-Known Member

Never heard of Honest Eds... Might have to go next time i go to TO. thanks for the info.

15. tuco99

tuco99 Well-Known Member

The Williams pucks that I have are imprinted with "Williams shaving soap" and a mug.

16. michiganlover

michiganlover Member

The most recent (and wretched) formulation of Williams dates to sometime in 2005 when Combe bought the company. :cool:

17. Griff76

Griff76 Member

Found the original soap I used, Sorry for all the cornfusion.
    :rolleyes:
    [​IMG]

18. Regan

Regan Well-Known Member

I take offence to that :D. I love me some modern Williams.

VDH is also a great soap which you originally had. I like the scent of VDH.