Windows Access help?

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by whiskerlips, Feb 1, 2009.

1. whiskerlips

whiskerlips Member

I haven't used Access since my second year of college. Which is nearly a decade ago. I'm looking to change my career path and there is an analyst position open at my ladies work. I don't remember Access being all that complicated, but I was wondering if someone can point me in the right direction for some software or something that would act as a good refresher and eventually teach some more advanced stuff. Recommendations?

Thanks!

2. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    No clue.

Let them eat bumps, I say!
    (that's a reference to "let them eat cake", I'm a Queen, and this post is a bump) ;)

3. Navy Chief

Navy Chief Member

Your best bet is really to go to Borders or Barnes and Noble and look at some of the access books there to see what is going to suit your needs the best. There are sooo many software books out there that it is hard to recommend andything, the good thing about the above two stores though is they provide a place to sit down and read the book for a bit to see if it is going to work for you.

4. AsylumGuido

AsylumGuido New Member

I'm sure there would be some decent Access for dummies type books that would get you going. I'll look around for some CBT's on it. I'll bet there are some out there. If you have any specific questions feel free to contact me. I have been developing in Access for the past 12 years. I know quite a bit about it.