Wish Me Luck

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by Gillette_Man, Aug 31, 2008.

1. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

I have an Omega 6214 Silvertip that I bought back in January of this year that started shedding shortly after, and so I shelved it for about the last 4 months. Yesterday, I thought I would give it another go, but found that the shedding issue has gotten much worse, as it will now lose about 5-6 hairs when I just run my fingers through the hair. A while back I sent Bernd at Shavemac an email to inquire about rebristling, but that was too cost prohibitive of an option (would be cheaper to just buy a new brush). So, today I fired off emails to both the retailer I bought the brush from, as well as Omega to see if I can get it replaced. If this doesn't work, I will just purchase a knot and tackle it myself -- and then I will bad-mouth Omega all over the internet! :D ;)

2. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Best wishes! :happy088

I'm sure one of those places you emailed will take care of the situation.

3. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

Well, this resolved a lot quicker than I expected. The retailer, Perfect Beauty, already sent me an email telling me to send it back, and they will replace it. This is very cool! I get to experience new brush euphoria once again! :D

4. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

Cool! Badger Funk, Part Deux! :happy102

5. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

C'mon Michael, you know that's a smell you hate to love! :happy102

6. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

Not me. A dozen or so brushes later and I still haven't experienced it. :taunt002

7. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

What, do the badgers that supply the hair for your brushes swim in Clorox? :rofl

8. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

Borax, I think. 4 Kents, 3 Simpsons, 2 EJs, 1 C&E, 2 Rooneys. All were fine. Two were used when I got 'em, but still...

Eat your heart out! :D

9. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

No way, man! The funk means it's fresh! :D

10. joshmpdx

joshmpdx New Member

shedding vulfix

i bought a vulfix 2234 from classicshaving.com and the first few uses it shed a few hairs but the last couple of shaves (ive only used this brush 6-8 times) it has shed 10 plus hairs:eek::eek:

Is this normal, if not who should i speak too??

josh

11. soapbuddy

soapbuddy Mistress of Lather

Good luck!

12. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

I'm not sure how normal that is. I have a 2235 that has been in my rotation for the last several months that has not shed a single hair. Do what I did, and shoot some gently worded emails to Classic and Vulfix explaining the situation. Surely, they will step up and take care of the problem. Just don't forget to mention that it is your favorite brush and you really want to get it back in the rotation. ;)

13. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Give it a few more days. It should calm down.

If it doesn't, than yeah, contact classicshaving.

14. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

Did they take care of you?

15. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

Read the beginning posts. ;)

16. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

Ah, I missed this one somehow.