Witch Hazel or Rubbing Alcohol?

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by Blades, Apr 19, 2011.

1. Blades

Blades New Member

So you know how the plastic bottles are the same color, but shaped different? I splashed on "witch hazel" after shaving this morning, and almost knocked myself out. It was not witch hazel. :)
    I need to put the alcohol back where it belongs.

Jason

2. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Oh damn! I bet that hurt!

3. NoahG

NoahG Member

I did the opposite, i refilled my alcohol dip container only to realize that it was my witch hazel. Much less painful, but same lesson learned.

4. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

Hmmmm... and here I thought it was bad when I almost switched benadryl and ibuprofen.

5. Regan

Regan Well-Known Member

That would not be a fun experience. Aftershaves burn enough for my liking not even to think of 70%+ rubbing alcohol.

6. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

:signs081

7. JoeMal

JoeMal Member

Ouch! Definitely stick to the WH

8. Weishi Warrior

Weishi Warrior Well-Known Member

My Bonehead Mistake!

One morning a few months ago I woke up with a headache, went to the bathroom, grabbed two Tylenol, grabbed the rubbing alcohol, which was next to my water bottle; and swigged the Tylenol down with rubbing alcohol. Next time it might actually be better if I open my eyes before reaching for the water bottle. I called the poison control center, and they said the amount was not enough to cause any real problems. Definitely a Bonehead mistake!

9. Regan

Regan Well-Known Member

ewww that wouldn't be fun. One of the worst experiences ever. One time my gf put in ear drops in my eye... mixed up the ear and eye drops. The ear drops were alcohol and vinegar. That in your eye isn't fun at all.

10. Weishi Warrior

Basically, it was like doing a shot of rubbing alcohol at 5:30 am! It wasn't exactly the breakfast of champions.

11. dashmaverick

dashmaverick Member

I once mixed up my iced tea and chew spit bottle (both Nestea bottles) and took a big swig of tabaccy juice!

12. Weishi Warrior

Thank you! Now I don't feel so bad. Maybe there should be a thread of "Bonehead Mistakes."

13. EnglishChannel

EnglishChannel Well-Known Member

WOW!

This thread really had me laughing.

Worst for me was siphoning gasoline as a kid.
    At least I spit it out quick.

I had an older neighbor that used to mix up his insecticide in a milk jug. THE PROBLEM WAS, it was a milky white liquid when mixed.

Scary!

14. APC

APC Member

Witch hazel is good for a lot of things. One of them is hemorroids. I started having occasional problems with them some time ago. A long time ago, while at my parents' home between misadventures, I had a half full bottle of cheap witch hazel and a half full bottle of cheap rubbing alcohol in identically shaped bottles in one of the bathrooms. My younger sister came home from college. She was being Ms. Efficiency/Business Major and poured the rubbing alcohol into the witch hazel bottle. Need I say more?

15. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

:shocked003 OUCH!

16. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Thanks for sharing that visual! :shocked003:shocked003:shocked003

17. Blades

Blades New Member

Ow! :eek:
    I have used my witch hazel for the same concern. I put the alcohol bottle away, so I wouldn't splash my face again. The burn wasn't too bad, but inhaling the fumes, whew!

18. Jason1977

Jason1977 Active Member

reminds me of a time I was at sea in the navy....I was getting ready to go on watch & I had just finished shaving. One of my mechanic buddies unbeknownst to me, was standing behind me waiting for me to turn around. (The bathroom was right outside the torpedo room & Auxiliary Machinery Room. He had a spray bottle of citric acid (used to clean engine parts) in his hand & called me, I turned & he sprayed me in the face & you wanna talk about the FLAMES that burned thru my face, LOL! Naturally a wrestling match ensued & I threw him in the shower & turned the water on........it was the best I could think of...LOL!!! THIS was back in 2001, I hadn't thought of it since until I saw this thread.....THANKS A LOT!!! LOL!!!! :happy102

19. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Make sure to obtain a very different bottle shape of alcohol to avoid such incidents in the future! :signs081

20. jcwit

jcwit Member

Use EverClear instead of rubbing alchol.:happy102:happy108:rofl:happy097