Witch Hazel

Discussion in 'Skincare' started by jcwit, Jun 8, 2011.

1. jcwit

jcwit Member

Not really shaving related but being as many of here have Witch Hazel on hand I thought I'd pass on this tip.

I burned my wrist this morning reaching over the tea kettle which had boiling water, not a bad burn but bad enough to cause pain. After putting up with the hurt for an hour I thought how soothing Witch Hazel is after I shave so tried some on the burn. It took almost all of the pain away, still tender but the pain for all intends and purposes is gone.

Just something to put into the further reaches of ones mind.:)

2. Regan

Regan Well-Known Member

Yessir I also used it when I had a sunburn just before bed. I put it on and it was mentholated so BAM was so cooling and nice relief.

3. Rothbardian

Rothbardian New Member

I swear I could shave with a weedwhacker and, as long as I put on my SuperHazel, I'd feel next to nothing.....except for all of the blood gushing down my face

4. thevez2

thevez2 uses Gillette's new Tarantula Razor - 8 blades!!

I use it on sunburn and bug bites. It takes some of the sting and itch out of both. It is also supposed to make bruises heal faster.

5. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Aloe works well on burns, as well.

Several years ago I heard of a few folks using aloe as an aftershave. I tried it - once. I don't like the sticky feeling it leaves.

6. Rothbardian

Rothbardian New Member

If you put on too much of the Thayer's SuperHazel, it can also leave you with a sticky feeling. Just a dab will do ya

7. NoahG

NoahG Member

I forgot about the SuperHazel. I had some before and I loved it. Gonna have to order some from work.

8. shaveslave

shaveslave Member

best treatment for any type of 2nd degree or lower burn = cold water.

9. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    I use alum for bug bites. Knocks them right out. Most are gone within a day.

10. jcwit

jcwit Member

I used the cold water immediately, and still had to do something else.