withdrawn

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by fram773, May 10, 2014.

1. fram773

fram773 Well-Known Member

withdrawn

Last edited: Nov 18, 2014
  2. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

You're going to have to use a different angle on the "angle"......Maybe try a little skin holding or streching...

Bristle Me likes this.
  3. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

It could be that DE blades have a bit more flex than either SE or injector blades. Even at that, I can't imagine why a thicker/stiffer blade would cause bumps while DE blades don't, with all else presumably being equal.

4. feeltheburn

feeltheburn Well-Known Member

Sounds like they're just irritation and not ingrown hairs. Lighter on the pressure in those spots?

Bristle Me likes this.
  5. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

I'm with Bird Lives: check the angle on the angle. Since the angle along the chin changes there quickly, you might try and use shorter strokes, each time checking the angle.

6. redbeard

redbeard Member

I recently use a GEM razor and found that skin stretching helped tons in some spots. Give that a try.

Bristle Me and macaronus like this.
  7. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Same area I have problems in. Fortunately no irritation, just difficult at times getting it as smooth as I would like.

And is there shame using a DE for touch up to get a shave you're happy with? Why does a carpenter have different hammers? Why does a chef have different knives? They know what tool is going to most efficiently get the job done. So I say, USE THE DE FOR THE FINISHING TOUCHES! THERE IS NO SHAME IN BBS!! :D

macaronus likes this.
  8. fram773

fram773 Well-Known Member

It seems like its going away by going VERY slow and changing my angle around the curvature carefully. I've got a Tech on the way just in case.

Bristle Me and macaronus like this.
  9. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Good on you!

fram773 likes this.