withdrawn

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by fram773, Sep 19, 2014.

1. fram773

fram773 Well-Known Member

withdrawn

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 18, 2014
    Doryferon and 178-bplatoon like this.
  2. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

Is it new? If not maybe some shampoo would help?

3. HoosierTrooper

HoosierTrooper Steve-less in Indiana

I've seen those occasionally, a sharp pair of scissors will remove it quickly!

4. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

That might be from the badgers whiskers

5. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Those come on occasion depending upon the type of badger. The Hog Badger tends to have thicker hair and sometimes a few will form into that pattern rather than the softer more uniform pattern.

I agree with Tom. Gently clip toward the base and that should solve the issue.

fram773 and HoosierTrooper like this.
  6. BigMark

BigMark Tests razors by shaving Wookies

Seen similar hairs in me boars.

7. lindyhopper66

lindyhopper66 Well-Known Member

Could it be from the epoxy leaking onto a few hairs?

8. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

If it were that, the hair would be separating in spots instead of together like in the photo. ACE uses hog badger and sometimes a thick hair like occurs.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2014
  9. oscar11

oscar11 Well-Known Member

Just a WAG but I wonder if it has something to do with the manufacturing process of the knot and might not even be a hair. I thought I read someplace that they use a "control" fiber in the making of boar knots. I'd just cut it off.

CyanideMetal and GDCarrington like this.
  10. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Fram received the same set of answers at the other forum as well.

I see them almost all the time in boars, many times in hog badger, and fewer, but still some, in brushes using Euroasian badger.

It may be that a thick hair is used as a "control" fiber especially for knots using thicker hairs.

There may also be a difference (factor) between hand made versus machine made knots as well.

oscar11 likes this.
  11. Doryferon

Doryferon Well-Known Member

@fram773 - great photos,thanks !

;)

I have feel that "plastic" sense (what a coincidence,i use the same word before some days in a shaving forum) with Frank Shaving brushes
    The latest purchases did worth it so i destroy the knots and keep the handles.

12. CyanideMetal

CyanideMetal Wild and crazy guy

It may be the badger's "wild hair". Some badgers in warmer regions of China have been known to "Party on, Garth".