Wolfman and Raw Shaving razor handles (RS10)

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Giova1949, Aug 11, 2019.

1. Giova1949

Giova1949 New Member

I wanted to know if on the razors in question we can also use handles that are not Wolfman and Raw. Thank you

PatrickA51 and brit like this.
  2. RyX

RyX DoH!

Good question. I don't have the answer but I'll share a little I do know. There are a couple of "standard" thread sizes. Old 3pc Gillette handles and caps are Imperial sized and pretty much the same internally. The outside of the handle may be bigger or smaller and might cause issues but very interchangeable. European razors are commonly Metric but not all the same. Fatip uses an odd thread so the handles don't swap easily. I did find a Muhle R89 cap and handle works reasonably well on a Fatip OC base plate.

TSD Member Jeff @jmudrick has experimented extensively with Frankenrazor - mixing caps, base plates, & handles. He may have some insight.

Seems like I recall a discussion on B&B that had a chart listing the different thread patterns but I didn't save it. Living in this Digital World, should someone have a copy of that chart or info, this would be a great place to duplicate the data.

brit likes this.
  3. Giova1949

Giova1949 New Member

thank you

brit likes this.