Women Using Straight Razors

Discussion in 'Women's Shaving' started by Merlee, Mar 25, 2013.

1. Merlee

Merlee New Member

I have searched the interweb over trying to find decent sources of women to get information from! I can't seem to find straight razor using women anywhere, why is it so uncommon? And why is everyone afraid of shaving their legs with a straight razor?

178-bplatoon and FacialCarnage like this.
  2. Sam D.

Sam D. Member

Hello, I suspect that the Nr. 1 reason that attracts men and boys to the straight is the "tough guy factor", most oft them being quite quickly upset by the technique and maintenance required by that. Plus the message sent by ads is that it takes a razor specially designed for ladies to shave ladies' legs :angry032:

These are my explanations...

178-bplatoon and Merlee like this.
  3. Merlee

Merlee New Member

Oh consumerism at its finest! It also doesn't help that even the greater populations of men/women who DO use straight razors are put-off by the concept of leg/pit/lady-shaving.

4. dimmerswitch

dimmerswitch Active Member

Do like mantic59 and get on youtube with your own videos for the female straight user.

178-bplatoon, ohpaos and Merlee like this.
  5. Merlee

Merlee New Member

That actually doesn't sound half-bad! I think I will work will my blade a little more so I can get a better understanding and make suggestions with competence.

178-bplatoon likes this.
  6. Sam D.

Sam D. Member

178-bplatoon and ohpaos like this.
  7. Weeper Warrior

Weeper Warrior Well-Known Member

I'm more put off by a women NOT shaving.:)

8. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

It was hard enough to find information about women shaving with a double edge. I've managed to figure that out so I didn't think I wanted to figure out something else.

9. jeraldgordon

jeraldgordon TSD's Mascot

Might want to avoid videos on Brazilian technique though... :)

10. ohpaos

ohpaos Smiley Provider

Straights are definitely getting more popular among women. JoAnna has straights & there are a group of women who really enjoy them on the forums at Badgerandblade.com & Straightrazorplace.com. While the angles are obviously different, the principles of using & maintaining straights are the same regardless of gender & you'll find lots of helpful tips & knowledgable people in the straight razor forum here :)

I definitely want to try it for my legs, but it would be more of a novelty for underarms/bikini since I prefer the results I get from waxing. That's just my preference..I would totally support a female Mantic! :D

178-bplatoon likes this.
  11. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

I've tried using straights, with no luck, I just didn't want to invest the time to properly maintain my straight or overcome the learning curve for shaving...:sad023: So I say anyone Man or Woman who is willing to put in the time to learn how and succesfully use a straight razor "MORE POWER TO THEM"!!!!!!!:happy096:

dimmerswitch and ohpaos like this.
  12. Merlee

Merlee New Member

DO IT! Just make sure to set aside plenty of time for yourself.