Women's DE Razors

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by jay_gatz, Jun 28, 2021.

1. jay_gatz

jay_gatz Well-Known Member

2. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

Women's shoes often cost more than men's shoes and don't last as long.

Ijustmissedthe50s, Bill G and brit like this.
  3. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Not adjustable and it doesn’t even say the length of the handle. (Not a given, but many women prefer longer handles.)

Ijustmissedthe50s and brit like this.
  4. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    It's not even a new design. It's got that clone merkur/mühle head on it. Not a recommended leg and armpit razor, though I suppose a lady could do worse.

Bill G and jay_gatz like this.
  5. jay_gatz

I thought it looked similar to the head you are referring to. I bought my wife a lady Gillette, the blue one. She still waxes though.

Ijustmissedthe50s likes this.
  6. PLANofMAN

Moderator Article Team
    My wife also owns a blue Lady Gillette, which she occasionally (rarely) uses with feather blades.

She likes the feel of an old fashioned wet shave, but hates the time required, and also dislikes baths. Most of the time she sticks to her shave club cartridges.

7. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

Notice they sell their branded DE blades for $11 - for only 10 blades. Uhg.

8. PLANofMAN

Moderator Article Team
    I'm thinking about picking her up a Lady Schick Eversharp, I think it was called. The injector version of a vintage women's razor.

9. jay_gatz

Yeah, that's a bit steep.

10. jay_gatz

I think the angle of a Schick would be a tad more ergonomic for leg shaving than a Gillette.

11. lightcs1776

lightcs1776 Well-Known Member

My wife uses a Gillette Lady and it is great. However, any long handled razor will work well for women, in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

12. PLANofMAN

Moderator Article Team
    Women tend to agree with that.

13. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Meh, in my opinion, there is no such thing as a "Lady Shaver"

There has been marketing towards women who shave, but the razors are all the same. Any razor will shave hair.

14. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Yup.
    I have and use a couple of Lady Star Gillettes.
    Great shavers. As said, any razor will shave hair, and hair can't tell the difference between a "lady" razor or a "guy" razor.

15. IAmTheJody

The Milady Decolletee - old type, mini handle - was Gillette's marketed razor for women for years in its early history, 1910s forward, even when they had long handle razors such as the Big Fellow.

Eversharp Schick finally targeted women with the type H Eversharp Schick Fashion Razor injector razor and its lighter, lower quality cousin The Deb, in 1947. I never realized how small these two razors were until I received one yesterday.

The point here was that the men running things at the two major players in the razor game, didn't change anything about the razors for women other than assuming they wanted tiny handles/grips. The bits that held the blades were still the same. No research on things like blade gaps, angles, etc. for legs. Seems Gillette finally woke up with the release of the Lady Gillette. Eversharp Schick didn't have a long handle razor until the late 1950s with the type J razors, but it took a few more years for them to come out with a long handle injector razor marketed for women, the type K Lady Eversharp Beauty Razor.

16. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Every so often, I use a K3 Lady Eversharp with a shortened handle and it's a great shaver. My GF likes her K3 Lady Eversharp and Lady Gillette Starburst razors.

Ijustmissedthe50s and IAmTheJody like this.
  17. Lancre

Lancre Well-Known Member

Seems to me we already heard from one in this thread. :innocent

Oh, wait - you meant a razor for ladies. There I agree with you.

Sara-s and Ijustmissedthe50s like this.
  18. IAmTheJody

I love my K1 types. Marketed towards women but I absolutely love mine. I've never had a disappointing shave from either one of them. I've got a white one and a turquoise/baby blue one, both gold plated heads and gold plated handle tip ferrules. I bought them NOS but 10ish years ago, NOS could be had regularly for $10 to $20 via the 'bay. NOS now tends to hover around $75 to $100 - and go unsold. lol I'm on the lookout for a reasonably priced NOS pink K1 to complete the set.

Ijustmissedthe50s and jimjo1031 like this.
  19. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

The lady pomco seems like a perfect razor for a woman. The curved side i believe was meant for armpits

Ijustmissedthe50s and IAmTheJody like this.
  20. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

I shave my pits on the regs. The Mitchum roll on works way better in Florida with shaved pits.

Ijustmissedthe50s and Jorvaljr like this.