Wonderful shave with Gillette NEW short comb

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Pilotcld, May 23, 2016.

1. Pilotcld

Pilotcld Well-Known Member

I have shaved with the Gillette NEW short comb about 4 times since winning it in @Bobcat 's PIF! Short story - it's wonderful!!!

My first introduction to wetshaving has been straight razor shaving with my great grandpa's DublDuck razor that had been sitting in the attic for 40+ years. Until getting this DE razor I have been using my SR for my cheeks to my jawline because I can't quite get my skin around my chin without getting razor burn so I'd have to finish up late with my electric razor (that I've been using since I was 18... So 10 years).
    I have been using the Gillette new for the rest of my face since I've gotten it! I was really worried at first that it might be difficult to get the right angle, but it has been a dream to shave with!!
    I put the Gillette Blue razor inside it, whipped up some Blackbeard lather (which also came with the PIF) and started shaving! This combination of SR and DE shaving has worked so well for me that I am probably never going to touch my electric razor again!!
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

I've been on an injector kick for the last 6 months or so, but with also about another 6 months of DE shaving under my belt, my New LC is my favorite DE so far.
    :)

AGHisBBS, Pilotcld and clint64 like this.
  3. cigarlover

cigarlover Well-Known Member

I agree with you. That's my go to razor as of now and I'm enjoying the shave every time I pick it up. Looks like yours is in great shape too. Good photo and great choice of razor :)

4. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

The Gillette New is a fantastic razor, it's easy to use and gives great shaves. 80 years old and it's better than anything made today for the price.

AGHisBBS, Bobcat, Pilotcld and 2 others like this.
  5. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

I am glad you like it!!!

AGHisBBS and Pilotcld like this.
  6. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

I very much like my SC. Glad you're enjoying one!

7. preidy

preidy Just call me Dino

What a gem of a razor! The SC (and also) the LC I find to be one of the smoothest vintage shavers. I have both. When they named this razor the "NEW" that was quite an understatement if you compare the shave to an Old Type. They sure nailed it with the new design. The surprising thing to me is that these razors are very plentiful out there and with some diligent shopping one can bag a very nice SC or LC for way under 40 bucks. I'm surprised more folks don't pick one up just out of curiosity.

8. Slipperyjoe

Slipperyjoe Rusty Metal Tetanus

Glad things are sorting out for you..many sr shavers seem to like the Gillette open combs. Your short comb, which is quite nice, from the photo looks to me like a long comb new. There's just a few subtle differences...

AGHisBBS likes this.