Wooden Razor & Brush Rack

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by JR Reyes, Jul 24, 2014.

1. JR Reyes

JR Reyes I scream for....chicken wings??

I don't have a ton of space in my bathroom for all of my shaving gear, but I really wanted to display my razors and brushes without crowding the sink or cabinet. So I went out to the woodshed, and created myself a little wooden razor & brush rack. It's fairly simple, and has inspired me to create some new designs. It works for me, and it helps keeps my stuff organized. If you guys are are interested in this kind of stuff, shoot me a PM, and I would be glad to help out some of my fellow Den mates. I have seen some great collections out there, I just feel bad for the guys who have to pile all of their razors in a mug, or have them all spread out on the sink counter. I just like like to create functional items from wood. Thanks for looking.
    20140724_220156.jpg
    20140724_220257.jpg

2. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

I think this looks most excellent!

3. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Well done!

4. JR Reyes

Thanks for the compliments gentlemen, I appreciate that. The reason those 2 travel razors are hanging in the rack is because they are from my boys (6 yrs and 18 months). They like to lather up and pretend and shave with me at night before they go to bed. I cover their little chins, and they like to scrape off the lather (without a blade of course). Traditional style is the only type of shaving that they will ever know. Gotta start them young...lol.

5. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

That - is a great idea! :)

6. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Very nice!

7. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

Wow
    That looks great.

8. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

So where's the wooden razor? :p

Seriously, very cool. :cool: I like it!!

9. JR Reyes

Haha, you're right. It would only be fitting. I will have to add one to my wishlist. The hunt begins...

10. ChiefShaver

ChiefShaver Well-Known Member

Very nice looking. Thumbs up. :)

11. Timelord

Timelord I get 12 times the shaves out my blades!

Very cool! The only problem I see is that there isn't a spot for the next razor. :signs021:
    Nice collection, too!

12. BigMark

BigMark Tests razors by shaving Wookies

Very nice.

13. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Good work!

14. JR Reyes

Thank you to all who commented. i have a new one in the shed now. Its a larger rack that will hold 16 razors. i will post some pics after i hit it with some stain. I will most likely make some more and put them up as a PIF next weekend. im always open to comments and suggestions.

15. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Very nice!

16. BigT

BigT Well-Known Member

Very nice.

17. JR Reyes

Here is a sneek peek of the new one. Before i stain it... 20140727_193839.jpg

BigMark likes this.
  18. JR Reyes

Now that I look at it, it kinda resembles an Open comb razor...lol.

Sean Coughlin likes this.