Words From Words PIF *DONE*

Discussion in 'Freebies' started by AnB_Daddy, Mar 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnB_Daddy

AnB_Daddy Active Member

I love puzzles that make me think and came up with an idea for a fun PIF. I have always loved words from a word puzzles (how many words can you make out of a long word.) I wanted to make this a little different though, so we are going to see how many words can be made from the name of a shaving product. The product (words) to use are:

Vitos Extra Super Shave Cream - All'Olio di Cocco

Yes its long and there are a lot of letters, but there is a twist.

There are 3 parts to this PIF. That's 3 ways to win.

1) Make as many words as possible from the letters of the above phrase, just remember each letter can only be used once per word (ex. "apple" would be a NO, but "less" would be fine) The person with the most acceptable words, based on the English language, wins 1 ounce of the above product.

2) The longest word, based on the above criteria, wins 2 ounces of said product.

3) This is the fun part - The person who can put down the longest sentence or paragraph using only the words created from the above phrase, wins 3 ounces of this wonderful product.

Read Carefully:
    To keep this fair, please PM me your answers. It would not be fair to list your words it the thread and someone else just add a word or two and knock you out of the running.
    In the thread, just type "My answers have been sent" when you send me the responses.

This is going to run through Midnight on March 31st CST.

The winners will be announced on April 1st and will have the winning answers posted for everyone to see (I may not post the word list if it is too extensive, but will post the number.)

In the event of a tie, the winner will be the one who's answers got to me first.

Participants must have been a TSD Member before March 1st, 2012 and must have at least 20 quality posts.

Also, this is CONUS only. Sorry international friends.

Now, let the games begin!!!

5t8t2u and 5Savages like this.
  2. SharpSpine

SharpSpine Well-Known Member

This will be fun. One point for clarification please. For part 3 I understand that the letters can only be used once per word, but can I reuse words multiple times?

For instance there is only 1 "m" in the product name above. So the word "me" can be made (I doubt I'm giving that one away!), but can I use the word "me" multiple times in the sentence/paragraph or not?

3. AnB_Daddy

AnB_Daddy Active Member

Yes, for part 3 the words can be used multiple times to write the sentence/paragraph as long as it is not done repeatedly. i.e. very, very, very, very good.

SharpSpine likes this.
  4. AnB_Daddy

AnB_Daddy Active Member

Wow, not many puzzle people here?

5. 5t8t2u

5t8t2u Member

My answers have been sent.

6. SharpSpine

Answers sent, too tired to continue. Good luck all.

7. Scott M

Scott M New Member

My answer(s) sent, even though I am not eligible... :(

I had a nice long word....two of them.

8. AnB_Daddy

AnB_Daddy Active Member

Sorry for the delay, I was laid up in bed yesterday for most of the day.

We have winners!

Congratulations to SharpSpine and 5t8t2u!!!

SharpSpine wins Parts 1 & 2
    Part 1: 307 words (and he only got through words beginning with "h")
    Part 2: Practicalities (14 letters)

5t8t2u wins Part 3
    "A motivated vile polar troll pushes cool violet roots all the time to disrupt, depress or almost hide a deep deer trail crevice"

Also, as an honorable mention is Scott M, who didn't meet the qualifications, but I am going to send him 2 ounces of the soap anyways for such a great word: radiopharmaceuticals

Thanks to all who participated!!!

Winners and honorable mention, please PM me your addresses so I can get the prizes in the mail.

9. DLP

DLP Well-Known Member

congrats to all!

Great PIF.

10. BossManBill

BossManBill Well-Known Member

My brain hurts just thinking about this. Congrats winners!!!

11. SharpSpine

Awesome PIF Tony, thanks a lot! I hope you feel better soon.

12. burnout961

burnout961 Well-Known Member

Congrats guys!!

13. Scott M

Scott M New Member

Wow! Thanks for the generosity, and the good contest!

My other word was sadomasochistic ;)

I'll PM my address, good job, all!

Get well soon, Tony, and thanks again, it is really nice of you to do this!

Scott

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.