Working with (larry) @ whipped dog

Discussion in 'Straight Razors' started by 8thsinner, Sep 30, 2010.

1. 8thsinner

8thsinner New Member

I feel that I have no choice but to warn people about dealing with the whipped dog.

I recently received an email from him saying that my order is underway, however, there was a problem, I won't go into details and I haven't even got my package yet.

But for future users do bear this in mind, You will be getting some of the best customer service I have ever had the pleasure to encounter. :D

Absolute pleasure to deal with.
    I rarely say I will be a repeat customer with any product or service but this man has earned at least several dozen future purchases from me.

Sorry I had to start making it sound bad, but this attracts people more than good news and I felt more people should know about this man and his service.

2. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Yeah Larry is a great guy. I have bought several items from him and would not hesitate to recommend him.

3. MikekiM

MikekiM Well-Known Member

I had to read this a few times to understand.. Indeed the title did draw me in, but I wonder if there isn't a danger of others failing to read the entire thread and getting the wrong impression, and then move on misinformed... I'm just sayin...

4. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    +1

I know some members hate anti-vendor threads. And while the thread isn't negative really, the title insinuates it as such.

5. zwaldo

zwaldo New Member

I understand your intentions with the bad title, but I'm with you it's probably not the best idea considering the % of people that will read the title and just say ok....and not read it.:sick007

A creative title would be better than a bad title to get attention.I personally would consider removing the post and trying again...but that's just my 2 cents.

But do what ya what.....

6. 8thsinner

8thsinner New Member

Just renamed it, hope I haven't already scared people away from him.
    Now I feel guilty...

7. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    No worries. I'm sure only a handful of people saw it.

8. saf

saf Member

I am getting ready to buy from him and he has been great. He has emailed me back almost too quickly and answered all my novice questions. Just from the service so far I plan on buying from him often.

9. Chimensch

Chimensch Member

8thsinner is starved for attention. Let's all give him a big virtual hug.

10. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

You got it Dov!

<<<8thsinner>>> <<<8thsinner>>> <<<8thsinner>>>

There ya go! Three hugs for 8thsinner!

Next, it will be a group hug, in the tub, with straights for all!

KTHXBYE!

11. bperryman1

bperryman1 Member

Ive ordered from him and had two of my straights honed by him. He actually called me and took the time to answer all of my newbie questions. He was definitely a pleasure to deal with.

12. woodturner

woodturner Member

Larry got me into Straight razor addiction. Damn him! The guy was just too nice. He answered questions, helped me find the razor I wanted, gave me some info on stones for honing, and kept in constant contact as needed. Yeah I've bought a couple of blades from him, but now he's got the hook in me, I keep buying these blades from all kinds of places......help!!! :happy102

Couldn't agree with the OP more, great to deal with!