World Mental Health Day 2019

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by BlueShaver, Oct 10, 2019.

1. BlueShaver

BlueShaver Premature Latheration Sufferer

https://wfmh.global/world-mental-health-day-2019/

As a positive mental health champion for my community, i would like to make this community aware that today is positive mental health day 2019

Be aware of, and take care your mental health and the mental health of others.

If you feel you are struggling or suffering with your mental well being, do not "man up" and bottle it up. Tell somebody, be that a partner, friend, or even your doctor. Don't suffer in silence and don't suffer alone.

Jon x

Shaver X, terstation, brit and 6 others like this.
  2. Laird

Laird Well-Known Member

I agree with everything you've said. Talk to someone, especially a professional (physician) and do that first before mentioning or "confiding" in anyone in your place of employment. Do not go to any "health reps" at your firm, they are not on your side. Your doctor can arrange for leave from work and does not have to disclose any details beyond contact with the insurance provider for your place of work. The owner, manager, supervisor, fellow employees etc. do not need to know the reason or details for your absence and take my word for it, it's better that they don't. You're "under the care of your doctor and he will let them know when you're fit to return". That's it. Nothing else.

Shaver X and brit like this.