Would you buy a Marvel Avengers Gillette cartridge razor? ;)

Discussion in 'Cartridge Razors' started by Darkbulb, Nov 13, 2015.

1. Jerry-built Hustler

Jerry-built Hustler Well-Known Member

Finally saw Spectre. I don't think I'm spoiling anything by saying there's not a shaving reference in sight, which makes Gillette's ad campaign particularly inane.

engrsaks likes this.
  2. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

:)

engrsaks likes this.
  3. engrsaks

engrsaks Well-Known Member

Good thing that I read your comment first :) . I was about to post a whole thread on Spectre and Gillette.

4. engrsaks

By the bye, did the movie live up to your expectations? :) Please enlighten me.

5. Jerry-built Hustler

I really liked it. It has gotten more mixed reviews from critics than Skyfall did, but personally, I liked Spectre better. It has all the elements of a classic Bond film. Perhaps it's the "classic" nature that has disappointed some critics: being so reminiscent of Bonds past, some might see this one as somewhat formulaic. But as any die-hard Bond fan knows, it's not the formula that counts, so much as what a given installment does with it. Within that context, Spectre does about as much as any Bond film could - so much so, in fact, that I have to wonder where they can go from here. Spectre has such an air of finality about it, I was compelled to sit through the final credits just to make sure they said, "James Bond will return." (They do.)

My only real disappointment was with the mediocre theme song, which struck me as a warmed-over imitation of Adele's "Skyfall," from a singer who isn't half as talented. Otherwise, this film had me leaving the theater very happy. I can't wait to get it on Blu-ray.

engrsaks likes this.
  6. Jerry-built Hustler

Just out of curiosity, what were you going to talk about?

engrsaks likes this.
  7. engrsaks

To be honest, I was expecting that 007 was going to use Fusion razor (given that Gillette advertised itself so heavily with Spectre) as one of his secret gadget that comes handy in tight situations.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2015
  8. engrsaks

Thanks for the detailed review, Mr. Nathan. I will wait until the Blu-ray is released. Its a shame that we won't be seeing 007 in shaving action.

Wait, what? You will re-watch the movie? Will you be able to enjoy it? :)

9. Jerry-built Hustler

Yeah...it's a good thing you waited before starting an entire thread devoted to the topic. Although, a thread devoted to why in the world Gillette is advertising its non-existent association with a Bond film would be interesting. ;)

Are you kidding? The Bonds have some of the best repeat-viewing enjoyment factors in all of cinema. You can have my Bond 50 set when you pry it from my cold...well, you know.

engrsaks likes this.
  10. engrsaks

Couldn't agree more with you, Sir.