WOW! 20's-30's Gold Adjustable!?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by AsylumGuido, Oct 13, 2008.

1. AsylumGuido

AsylumGuido New Member

2. AsylumGuido

AsylumGuido New Member

I just noticed the seller is sunart. I wonder if he is any relation to reynoldsart?

3. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

only $18 shipping too! I submitted an offer for $5.

4. AsylumGuido

AsylumGuido New Member

Be careful, Rodd. He might accept it. That's a pretty rough looking Aristocrat. $23 shipped may be over paying. Although, if it is just soap scum covering the number paint then it might be a decent deal.

5. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

offer declined. :happy102

6. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

There was (is) an equally stupid listing for a President from a seller in Argentina who had it listed on a "Buy It Now" for $99.99, and when it didn't sell, relisted it for $149.99. Better get on it before the price jumps to $200 on the next relist. :happy102

7. AsylumGuido

AsylumGuido New Member

He's holding out for $7.99 I guess. :rolleyes:

8. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

I, seriously, almost bid on that one! $109.00 shipped for a cased President wasn't a bad deal at all, $159.00 still ain't outrageous.

9. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

Gotta cover the listing fees somehow. :happy102 I agree with Chris, still not a bad price.

10. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

Maybe not, but it's a little weird to raise your price when something doesn't sell.

11. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

There was some irony in that the seller who has the President from Argentina had three razors listed that ended about the same time and the one I bid on and really wanted I was sniped :mad:, but the President went untouched. WTH?

12. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

I think it's brilliant. :D Get it now before it goes up some more!

13. sehrgut

sehrgut New Member

Not so weird. He's just targeting a different market. If you study business, a lot of products fail to sell if underpriced. Think about it: 4711 would probably be a lot more popular if they hyped up its history even more and sold it for $75 a bottle.

14. Duckster

Duckster Wabbit Season!

One part of the seller's description of the Gold Tone Razor in the OP is spot on:

Description :
    THIS IS AN OLD ADJUST POS 1-9 GILLETTE GOLD TONE RAZOR, IT IS PROBABLY FROM THE PERIOD 1920-1930s. ON THE RAZOR BACK IS INSCRIBED: GILLETTE, MADE IN USA REG. US PAT. OFF.THIS RAZOR IS WITHOUT BOX. THE RAZOR IS IN VERY GOOD USED CONDITION FOR HIS AGE. THE SET HAS ORIGINAL EMPTY GILLETTE BLADE HOLDER. I SELL IT AS IS YOU SEEN. IT IS FROM AN OUSTANDING PRIVATE COLLECTION. BUYER PAY SHIPPMENT WORLDWIDE 18USD. PAYMENT: DIRECT WIRE TRANSFER TO MY BANK ACCOUNT, I ACCEPT PAYPAL.I DO NOT ACCEPT CHECK'S,MONEY ORDER AND CASH MONEY. GOOD LUCK AND HAPPY BIDDING!!!

15. AsylumGuido

AsylumGuido New Member

:happy102

16. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

Alrighty, then! I have a couple of long-handled Super Adjustables languishing in the classifieds at $18 and $20 respectively, I am going right now to bump them up to $50 each. :happy102

17. mastermute

mastermute FatBoy

So did I... But I didn't like the look of the case... I'll wait for my "perfect" President, I'd rather pay $200 for something I agree with :D

18. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

+1 That case is nasty! :sick007

19. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

I'll keep an eye out for you mastermute.

20. Wishoot

Wishoot Member

Forget $50 Rick. Put them on Ebay for $150. If you can craft the item description good enough, it will sell.

There a sucker born every minute.