Wow! Frosty From a Can

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by The Flying Frenchman, Jul 7, 2010.

1. Not sure where to post this. Tonight I got an excellent shave, from an aersol can. Let me explain.
    I woke up this morning with a feelig that I shouldn't shave right then. Which is bizzare since I nomally like AM shaves. But I went with my gut and didn't shave.
    This evening I'm coming home from work and I stopped at a little mom and pop convenience store up the street to get a few bucks of gas.

As I go to pre-pay with some cash I noticed a little shelf with toiletries for sale. Lo and behold, what do I spot. An odd blue Barbasol can. A light blue I've never seen before! I read the label and see, Cooling Menthol :D!
    My frosty love mixed with my soft spot for Barbasol meant that the can could not go unpurchased.

So how did it shave? Excellent, in a word. It's the same formula as the red can, with added menthol.

At first spread on my cheeks it didn't feel so cold, I felt let down. However as I left it on my face to soften up my whiskers while I stropped my straight, I felt my face slowly freeze up. By the time I was done prepping my straight razor I had the pleasant aroma of mint accompany a proraso worthy face freeze.
    A little more foam on the face and voilà, a nice slick excellent shave. Followed by a nice splash of Barbasol Brisk, the face frost was the perfect end to a hot Carolina summer day. I will definitely be buying another can of this to use when I need a fast shave in the mornings.

Does anybody else has experiences with mentholated canned foams that were positive?

2. ShaveAddict

ShaveAddict Member

Gillette foamy menthol is great also.
    Very cold and smell like menthol.

3. TitanTTB

TitanTTB Well-Known Member

I've used that barbasol cooling menthol before but havent been able to find it any more. I think they discontinued it.
    So if you like it you may want to pick a couple up.

4. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Glad you liked it.

I haven't shaved with anything from a can in two and a half years. Can't say that I miss it.