WSP Formula T True Lavender

Discussion in 'Scents' started by MarshalArtist, Mar 31, 2016.

1. MarshalArtist

MarshalArtist Psychiatric Help 5¢

Despite what the website says, this is not a true lavender. It smells more like the fragrance used to mask the disinfectant smell of lavatory cleaner. The soap base is very good. There is nothing wrong with it, but the smell. . .
    The good news is, that my less than stellar review got me a full refund in the form of a gift voucher. It came in an email "explaining" to me that "this is what real lavender smells like." I have smelled real lavender before. . .no, it's not.
    The not so great news is that my two star review is no longer up on the website. It appears only five star reviews are permitted, as those are all that are there. This does not say much about how Lee values honest opinions on his site. This lowers my esteem for his business just a bit as well.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2016
    opsimath likes this.
  2. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

What does "WSP" stand for?

3. 211bma

211bma Active Member

I'll take a stab at WSP maybe Wet Shaving Products?

4. White731

White731 Well-Known Member

Wet Shaving Products

Sara-s likes this.
  5. White731

Sorry about your experience. I have only tried the vegan formula in the Vetiver scent. It's more of a clean, bright, citrus Vetiver scent. Very nice though with great lather.

6. MarshalArtist

MarshalArtist Psychiatric Help 5¢

The soap base is very good. Both the vegan and tallow work well. The lavender scent is the problem--and that only five star reviews get to remain on the site.

White731 likes this.
  7. White731

Yeah, that is pretty crappy. If you have products for sale, you know you are going to have mixed reviews and have to take the good with the bad. Thanks for sharing.

8. opsimath

opsimath Well-Known Member

I've gotta say that I love WSP soaps -- both Rustic and Formula T, but the original post in this thread makes a sad commentary on honesty in retail.

I will still read reviews, but I will be reading with a grain of salt when necessary.

White731 likes this.
  9. som

som Well-Known Member

I thought for a second that a post from the Widespread Panic band forum somehow wandered over here!