WTB A Cased Bostonian!

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by ctakim, Apr 26, 2009.

1. ctakim

ctakim Member

Looking for that cased Bostonian with the shiny silver case that lifts the razor up to greet you as you open the lid. I'm looking for a case in very good to excellent condition, and the razor to be in at least very good condition.

If it is sitting there in the back row of your display case and you know you would rather have $$ in you pocket for your next purchase, let me know!!!:)

2. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

Here's a nice one -- did you get your bid in? :eek:

3. ctakim

ctakim Member

I was watching that one all the way in!! But I realized that it was above and beyond what it was worth. But I will pay a decent price to get what I want! :)

4. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

That looked like a factory goof-up -- Algonquin case with a Bostonian lid liner.

5. ctakim

ctakim Member

Unless there is some other monkey business going on (not to take your name in vain!). The Algonquin should say as such on the velvet liner I think?

6. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

I'm assuming that. The only one I have ever seen is at Achim's site.

7. texbilly

texbilly New Member

Bostonian Algonquin Edition

Guys, I'm now the proud owner of that Bostonian and it's my first collector piece. So, purchase price notwithstanding :eek: , what have I gotten myself (into)? Beautiful razor no matter how you slice it. Will update with photos when I get it in my hands. Until then, take me to school the best you can...

8. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

Congrats on the purchase! True it's a good chunk of change, but that is a stunning set that is pretty rare in that condition. Hopefully, whatever is on the lid will polish off. Can't wait to see the pictures! :happy088

As for what you've gotten yourself into? Well, we don't call these acquisition disorders for nothing! ;)

9. texbilly

texbilly New Member

Now Over My Buyer's Shock

Thanks, Rick. Yes, our emotions often override our common sense when we spot something shiny! :shocked031 Should receive the razor in a few days and plan to give it a thorough screening and photo shoot. Given what appears to be a unique "pedigree", I could have a learning opportunity in the mail!

Update: I must not be too sick because I bought a nice Aristocrat w/case the next day. Stop!

10. ctakim

ctakim Member

That was a beautiful razor and case. The logo on the inner lid looked to be pristine. Congratulations!

11. texbilly

texbilly New Member

Thanks. Where, besides here, have you found the most information on this razor's history and it's variants? I've seen Achim's unbelievable collection but am interested in detailed information on that period. New to the site so perhaps it's here and I have yet to discover. :)

12. scottydoint

scottydoint Member

Have you checked out Achim's other sections on his site such as the ads and instructions sections?

There is also a collector's guide book by Philip L. Krumholz

13. texbilly

texbilly New Member

Excellent - will continue to study. Krumholz's book is out of print, I think. Sources?

14. ctakim

ctakim Member

No I think you can get an autographed copy from Mr. Krumholtz himself on da Bay for $25 plus shipping. Just search for COMPLETE GILLETTE COLLECTOR and you should find it! A classic, not 100% accurate, but darn good overall.

15. texbilly

texbilly New Member

Got it! Thanks so much. :happy088

16. ctakim

ctakim Member

The need has been satisfied (hopefully)! A cased Bostonian is being shipped.

Thanks!

17. superbleu

superbleu Active Member

Congratulations Chris.
    :eatdrink004

18. ctakim

ctakim Member

Thanks! I'll post pictures when it arrives.

19. texbilly

texbilly New Member

Glad you found it and can now sleep. ;) Can't wait to see the photos.