WTB: Gillette Atra Razor Aluminum Handle **COMPLETED**

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by profsaffel, Jun 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. profsaffel

profsaffel The a**s go marching one by one

WTB: Gillette Atra Razor Aluminum Handle

My mother-n-law recently dropped and broke my father-n-law's razor. She asked me to see if I can get him a replacement. He loves that razor. The Atra is harder to come by than the older DE Gillette's it seems. PM me if interested in selling one.

Thanks,
    Prof

2. omegapd

omegapd New Member

I use mine all the time. Good razors. Ebay sells them but they're getting higher in price now. They also made a brown handled one- not sure if it was a metal handle or not. Good luck!

3. michiganlover

michiganlover Member

PM sent.

I have a 1970's Atra Handle I can sell you, it's New Old Stock; brand new, sealed in it's original box, complete with it's original Atra Cartridge (without the lube strip).

I acquired two of these off of E-Bay, after I found the Gillette Vector handle (The Atra marketed towards Indian/ Asian markets) was a total piece of garbage. This item says "not for resale" on the side.

I certainly don't need two of them, so you are welcome to buy one, and I even have 9 additional blades for it.

Here is a picture (The Vector Handle is the one on the left, the black razor is the original Atra):

[​IMG]

Note: box appears ripped up, because it is the box to the razor I opened, and have been using. Razor I am selling is in a mint condition, unopened box.

4. michiganlover

michiganlover Member

Alternatively, if you find you really need a metal handled Atra, you can try this page:

http://ebarbershop.com/ShopSite/gillette.html

I have also seen them on E-Bay but the original metal handled model was being sold for around $50.00!! Ouch!!

5. profsaffel

profsaffel The a**s go marching one by one

Thanks, all. I've made my purchases for now.

Thread closed. :happy088

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.