WTB-Gillette FatBoy

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Baby Face Tony, Jul 13, 2009.

1. Any date code, with or without the case. Just needs to open and close smoothly and adjust accordingly to the indicator and no brassing on the head of the razor. Offering from $25 to $50 depending on condition of the razor. Please PM with pictures, words just don't describe as much as a good close up on the razor. :cool:

2. texbilly

texbilly New Member

PM sent with offering

3. 1969Fatboy

1969Fatboy New Member

Honest observation Tony. I think your expectations are a bit high for such an easily obtainable razor. 5 months ago there was http://www.theshaveden.com/forum/showthread.php?p=180250#post180250. There have been numerous Fatboy's for sale on TSD and a ton more on the bay. If you are willing to pay upwards of $50 then you shouldnt have a problem at all. I personally wouldnt pay more than $35 for one. I did sell one on the bay for $48 and I think the guy got screwed but I am the one that came out ahead.

Good luck with your quest though. And one more thing.....as this message should have been in a pm, I wouldnt publically comment on someones price being way way high. Especially in a WTB. That is a slap in the face.

4. Dr. Mike

Dr. Mike New Member

They are nice razors - mine is currently my favorite razor. I got it in the secret Santa gift exchange.

That said, I agree with Shawn - the $30 range is probably about where they should be, unless they are really immaculate and coming with a case. On eBay you would probably have to pay more, but luckily these shaving forums tend to be fairer with prices.

Good luck. Are you a member of any other shave forums? There is a lot of overlap, but not 100%.

5. texbilly

texbilly New Member

+1 !!

6. No, your wrong there, the fatboy is not an easily obtainable razor. I have gotten many many responses all saying the razor already been sold, I check on thread start date and dates 2 hours life. I have commented this on the sellers as well. And also, offers I receive don't come with pics, I clearly and politely asked for pics yet of all my answers just 1 brought pictures but seemed too dark. I do not criticize his razor, but due to the darkness it looked like the whole razor was brass. I can add even more, I have had plenty offers withdrawn from the seller.
    That thread your referring to 5 months ago, I got the razor, but something the picture did not describe and the seller obviously won't state to me was the mechanical defect in the razor.
    You say you wouldn't pay $35 or more for one of these razors, your right, I wouldn't want to pay more than that either. But so far all asking prices has been $70 and higher, eBay prices. Ones lower, in my price range I stated, haven't brought me pics.
    And about publicly stating the price I been offered, I apologize. Slap in the face yeah it was. But please consider this, I CLEARLY ask for something price range within $25-$50 and yet most I receive are higher, I also ask for pictures and so far just 1 member offered with pics which I thanked him for that. Please don't go thinking that I'm looking for a mint razor for a dirt cheap price and thats why I still wtb this razor since 5 months ago because it isn't. My time killer in this time I made this wtb was the same as last time, no pics, I have to wait till they answer with pics or they say they withdraw the offer. For some reason if I ask for pictures they want to withdraw.
    If you want, pm me so I can summarize all I have been through to obtain one of these razors.

7. 1969Fatboy

1969Fatboy New Member

great explanation BFT. I do personally apologize for coming across inflamatory in any way and did not realize that you had obtained a Fatboy from your previous WTB. I would suggest to still keep an a close eye on the ebay auctions and snipe away as many folks do. Do an advanced search on completed auctions on the razor and average them out and really get a good fair market value on the razor which is mid $30's;) There is alot of competition out there but the last seconds of an auction are crucial. There are still alot of razor buyers out there that are getting the good deals and reselling them so beware of those losers(yes.....they are scum). Good luck and hope you find one soon! It is by go to razor and my favorite if my name didnt give it away:)

Someone hook this guy up with a good Fatboy! Ya'll know you have one laying around that needs a new home!

8. Hiya,

Turning into a real pain isn't it? I know you definitely have something in mind when it comes to a fatboy, but stick with the search. Those are really good razors for lots of us.

Let me just go over this thing about lack of pics from the seller. Just ask him for a return guarantee if the razor isn't as he described. You can hang on to the messages sent between the two of you in case any problems come up. If he won't do that...the hell with it.

Those members who DID have razors in your price range...only one of em sent pics? Now that I don't understand.

Tony, did you say there were offers from $70 and UP from members here? Really? Even more than one would be tough to figure, which is why I'm asking. Since you obviously stated your price range and what type condition of razor you needed, these must have been pretty much mint..........probably with a box in nice shape. Even then, that would still be very pricey. Certainly nothing that would be advertised in the forum........

Really.........someone offered you a fatboy for over $70? They MUST have had cases....right? That is a very weird deal regardless, unless I'm missing something(which happens). Heh, I'm also trying my best to be an optimist here.

Man.........if I was brand new here and bought a fatboy for $70.........I would hate that deal really fast. Even $50 for a fatboy in excellent shape is high, which I'd find out after seeing all the other sales later.

Ok, I'll leave this here. I don't care to take this any further along. You sorta get the idea......heh. I don't believe I've ever seen a $70 fatboy advertised here.

I'll just say good luck finding that elusive perfect razor.....it'll happen eventually.

Martin

9. Still taking offers, it's cool

You never seen a $70 fatboy here? I think you have! Does Razor Thief ring a bell?:happy102 Razor thief was one of the 4 offers I had received 5 months ago that were over $70. Thanks for your post though, it complements my explanation nicely.

But so far this time in Shave Den I've received 2 and a phew more on another shaving site.

No need for apologies Fatboy1969, I explained so sellers won't reconsider negatively on making me offers. :cool:

10. omegapd

omegapd New Member

That's who it was! I've been trying to think of that name for 2 days...I remember the $70 Fatboys where you could even pick the year you wanted because he had so many.

Good luck in your search. I picked one up from The Possum awhile back. It's missing some plating on the head but I wanted a user razor and not a "collectible". I think I got it for $12 or so. Nice guy! :)

11. Hi again,

Oh sure.........I remember that guy. I just forgot he was selling em for that much. Heh, doesn't say much for my memory, since he was active until a few months ago. Looks like he's been banned, although I have no idea of the reason behind it. Must be a good story though........

Now he was certainly an exception to the rules when it came to pricing and describing items for sale. His main reason for being a member here was a monetary one, which can be fine if the deals are fair. Yeah, he had some nice razors for sale..........it was a shame things didn't work out.

I included that fatboy link for the newer members to look at if they like. Some of us had a spirited conversation with Razorthief in that thread, but the posts were still made in a civil manner. Heh, in my case, I admit to it being difficult to take the high road, but staying calm and objective worked out well. I can flame someone with the best of em if needed..........I've had lots of practice in the past on another non shaving related forum.

Anyway, I mentioned in my previous post about it not being likely a $70 fatboy in very good condition(no box) would be advertised in the forum. Heh, you can see why a member might not attempt that in public view if you look through that thread. It's obviously an attempt to take advantage of certain type of member.........a very NEW member. Yep, the old 'Trolling for Newbies' game, and it's something many of us recognize from past experiences. You can see how a few of the members respond to things like that. Forums like this should be a place where 'hobbyists' can feel safe from being taken advantage of.

And speaking of that....Tony, you mentioned other sellers using the pm feature with offers at similar prices as Razorthief. Even $50 is high, as I mentioned previously. That really sorta bugs me.......disappointing as well. Those members are not your friend. No, I won't publicly ask who they might be, since that would be sure to get things going south in a hurry. I'll just state the obvious and let it go. The fact is, these guys wouldn't have the nerve to post $70 uncased VGC fatboys in our Classified section. Heh, it might get a response unfavorable to a quick sale.....

Ok, I'm done,

Martin

http://www.theshaveden.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12803&highlight=razorthief

12. heirkb

heirkb New Member

I'm offering for 35. Pictures sent :)