WTB: Here I go: either a Vision or a Futur.

Discussion in 'Want To Buy' started by kyleintpa, Jul 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kyleintpa

kyleintpa New Member

WTB: I am going to take the plunge. I am looking for either a Vision or a Futur--or both.

The reasons are my own :) -- but I think I am ready, however, whatever the reason, it is clear:
    I have an illness. Hey, it could be worse!

Thanks,

Chris

2. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    It could be worse...you could be making this request to "The Make-A-Wish Foundation."
    Since you don't have any issues with buying used razors, you may also want to check out the Slim Adjustable or a Fatboy.

3. newb

newb Resident Newb

I have both,, but sorry neither are for sale, because I love them both. But you may want to consider just a Futur at first as it is much cheaper and more readily available. Plus IMHO they both shave about the same.

4. kyleintpa

kyleintpa New Member

I am now the proud owner of an old / new rhodium Fatboy. I gotta say....I'm in love. Wow......I have to ask--is Vision better than this? That would be a BOLD statement! Ck

PLANofMAN likes this.
  5. johnus

johnus Well-Known Member

I have both of them. Actually all 3 of them(Progress too). Found that for me the Futur is the best fit. The vision is just too bulky.

6. newb

newb Resident Newb

To me it is, but a fatboy just doesn't work for me. The Vision is huge but it shaves very nimble. In my experience the Futur and Vision shave about the same, I give the edge to the Vision, but not by enough to recommend it over a Futur. As for the Fatboy, it's my least liked adjustable. IMHO all other Gillette adjustable's are better. But YMMV, if you really dig the fatboy there is no need to try the others. It's all about enjoying the shave.

7. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    Like newb said, If you enjoy the fatboy, you don't need to look any further. The Vision is a little harder to adjust because there are no number settings, just the ring with VISION molded/engraved on it. (going from what other people say, I've never owned a vision myself). I'm the opposite of newb, the fatboy is my favorite adjustable. I can't stand the slim. In my opinion, a rhodium plated fatboy is the most beautiful of all Gillette's razors.:) I'm suffering a little envy right now. I want to get mine plated (even though it does not need it), but can't bear to be without it for the time it would take.:(

newb likes this.
  8. Paisley E

Paisley E New Member

I usually used slants and OCs, but since purchasing a Futur none of the others have been seeing any use. I'm actually considering parting with a few I thought I'd never want to give up.

newb and johnus like this.
  9. otherstar

otherstar Rodney Dangerfield of TSD

I own a Futur, a Slim Adjustable, and a few other non-adjustable DEs and straight razors. I use straights most of the time these days, but the only DE that comes close to providing a shave like a straight razor is my Futur. I also used my Futur 90% of the time before I started using straights because I liked it that much!

newb likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.