WTB: Pink Lady Gillette *DONE*

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by The Zook, Dec 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Zook

The Zook New Member

I only need one more (I think) to complete my collection of Gillette Ladies, so far I have the light and dark blue and gold.

Anyone? :cool:

2. Milton

Milton New Member

Don't forget the champagne colored Lady Gillette. They're a bit more uncommon, but the best looking one IMO. This one's actually my gf's.

Attached Files:

3. scottydoint

scottydoint Member

The Champagne is the same as Gold.

4. 1969Fatboy

1969Fatboy New Member

I figured Scotty would have one of these laying around? You did have a nice collection at one point.

5. The Zook

The Zook New Member

Are the called Champagne?

[​IMG]

6. Milton

Milton New Member

I've heard them frequently called both, gold or champagne. I have no idea what they were called initially :confused:. Anyone have an old Lady Gillette advertisement that lists what the colors were originally called?

7. SlagleRock

SlagleRock Member

I like the look of the Gold/Champagne. I might have to nail one of those down for the wifey!

8. Wishoot

Wishoot Member

I came across one at an antique store last week, it was in great shape but I didn't buy it. I'll stop by the store on Monday. If it's there, I'll get it for you.

9. The Zook

The Zook New Member

Awesome, thank you very much!

10. Wishoot

Wishoot Member

Hey Zook;

Sorry it took so long. I was finally able to pick it up this afternoon. It's in very nice shape. The only thing I can see is that the red paint on one of the tiny stars has faded away. Other than that, it looks very good. I'll try to take a few pictures tomorrow. I paid $23, so if we can do $27 shipped, that would work for me.

PM me if your interested,

11. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

There is one for sale on the forum in the classifieds BTW

12. The Zook

The Zook New Member

I forgot about this thread... Ended up finding one, thanks guys!

13. SlagleRock

SlagleRock Member

Congrats, so it's a full set now?

14. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

Even though this is not going to Zook, you should have no problem selling this one. The most sought after color, and that was a great price. Typically these sell for around $40 for pink.

15. AsylumGuido

AsylumGuido New Member

The paint in the star may not be faded. I have often seen soap scum cover them. Try a little scrubbing bubbles on it.

In fact, I one time talked an antique store person down on a Adjustable Aristocrat by pointing out "missing paint" in the numbers, even though I was pretty sure they were just covered by scum. I didn't think they'd fall for it, but they did and it saved me $10.

16. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

And they were $10 short on their rent, so their 4 kids didn't get Christmas this year. ;) I wish I were better at driving a deal.

17. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Nice guilt trip. How motherly of you. :happy102

18. AsylumGuido

AsylumGuido New Member

I don't think her kids had any problem based upon her Mercedes in the parking lot. ;) It is a fairly high end type mall.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.