WTB SE Blades

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Windwalker, Feb 2, 2009.

1. Windwalker

Windwalker New Member

I am looking for a source of SE blades, maybe a sampler of sorts. I have tried Gem Blue Stars, and some Pellas that were sent to me by a by a member (Thanks, Bryce). I would like to try some Treets or anything else that is available. I checked on the Pellas, but apparently you need to have an account to order, just wondering what else is available before ordering that many of one brand of blade.

2. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Shoot me a pm with addy and I can send some Treets toward the end of the week. I need to pick some up.

Fuzzy

3. Truckman

Truckman New Member

Rite Aid carries the Treets. At least the one by me does.

And Walgreens carries the Gems. Of course, these are the same as the Ted Pella's, so I guess you already know how they shave.

How did the Gem Blue Star compare to the Pellas? I haven't tried the Blue Stars yet. I think the Treets are sharper than the regular Gem/Pellas. Wchnu, I believe, thinks they're all the same...

4. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Not all Gems are pellas.. I saw some that said Gem the other day that were ASR blades. Did not pick them up and really do not remember where I saw them right this second.

Fuzzy

5. AsylumGuido

AsylumGuido New Member

Check out your local Family Dollar store. They carry PAL Supers which do a great job in my GEM Junior.

6. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Thanks Guido that is one I forgetted about,.,

Fuzzy

7. Truckman

Truckman New Member

Huh. I thought that Ted Pella was more like a distributor and that you could buy them in bulk cheaply. The Gems I picked up from Walgreens are ASR blades. Bryce (ThePossum) kind of gave me the impression that the Pellas and Gems were one and the same.

I will have to check them out, too. Thanks. :happy088

8. Windwalker

Windwalker New Member

To me the Blue Stars seem more rough and prone to burning. But I was using a G-Bar for the first time, so that could be a good part of it as well. So far I think the Pellas are the best blade for me, but would like to try all options before ordering the quantity. I will see if we have Family Dollar here.

9. AsylumGuido

AsylumGuido New Member

It is hard to beat the $1.60 price tag on the 5 blade pack. :happy088

10. Windwalker

Windwalker New Member

Alas, no Family Dollar near here, at least within 120 miles. :( There is however a Rite-Aid in Vancouver, so I will try and swing by and see if they have the Treet blades, I will post what I find or don't find.

11. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

If not let me know and i will go a blade hunting and send you some of what I can find around here,

Fuzzy

12. Windwalker

Windwalker New Member

OK, the Rite-Aid here in Vancouver, had the Treet blades for $4.49. So I will give them a try, probably tomorrow evening. I pulled one out to look at it, marked Made in U.S.A. on one side and nothing on the other. Do these need to be "corked" or are they good to go out of the pack?

13. Truckman

Truckman New Member

Try out of the pack first. I've only used one so far, and I didn't cork it. I liked it better than the regular Gem/Pella. Then the next one you use, cork it. See if there's a difference.

14. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I have never corked any blade. I have been using noting but those treet blades for a while now.. mostly cause they are easy to get local.

Fuzzy

15. ThePossum

ThePossum Member

Hi guys,

Want to clear something up about the GEM blades. I have used two GEM additions. The GEM Blue Star blades which did not treat my face very good. Not a good shave at all. I also used the GEM blades by Personna. These are the blades that look and work like the Ted Pella blades I now use in my SE razors.

In addition I have also used the Treet blades from Rite Aid and they were absolute junk. As for the PAL blades I did not have any success with them. But I do know some guys on here do like them.

Got my Blue Star, GEM by Personna, and PAL blades from R&B. The Pellas in a shared deal with D.Irving79. You should be able to order from Pella direct.

Like DE blades you guys will find what works for you. Good luck in your search.

16. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

That is something that is always funny to me.. I love the treet blades.. they work very well for me.. and you can not get a good shave from them.. in the same type of razor.. like you said everyone has to find what they like.

Fuzzy

17. Windwalker

Windwalker New Member

Anybody tried those Feathers, that Pauldog is selling? I am thinking about ordering some to try.

18. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

I'm down for splitting an order of pellas 2 or 4 ways. Anybody want in?

19. Windwalker

Windwalker New Member

I would up for it, shoot me a pm whenever you are ready to order.

20. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

I'm down for whenever. You want to recieve or shall I? Bank accounts a little low due to booking flights/hotel/car/etc for my grad school interview.