WTB: SE Ever-Ready 1912 (and/or similar) to gift

Discussion in 'Want To Buy' started by dakemisc, Nov 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dakemisc

dakemisc New Member

Hello,

I'm a newbie/lurker who has had a great time searching/reading TSD (and the net) educating myself about 'wet' shaving. I especially like the attitude here at TSD. You're a very open and special group of guys (and a few gals I see too)!

I'm looking to buy one or two SE razors that are gift quality for someone who has been prepping to start SE shaving--all that's missing are the razor(s) and blades. Please note that the quality I want is that they can be used, not just show pieces. Boxes are not necessary, but I really, really want a shiny toy or two to start with, if you know what I mean! A wish for an Ever-Ready 1912 has been specifically expressed.

And, to be totally upfront, my budget opens for gift buying on Friday, Dec. 3rd, in case that affects your offering. I'm assuming PayPal is an acceptable way to do business? If you would like references, I can supply you with my eBay name so you can look up my feedback as a buyer. I'd buy directly off eBay for this, but I know from experience with vintage sewing machines that it can be very hard to really tell what shape metal is in from pics.

I'm thinking that buying these little beauties could easily become a habit. I've collected vintage sewing machines for years for the same reasons you guys collect razors. I think the razors will take whole lot less room though! Hmmm, maybe the sewing machines can be the display tables for a razor collection... way too tempting :rolleyes:

Anyway, thanks again. I'm looking forward to doing business with ya!

'til later,
    Jillian

2. dakemisc

dakemisc New Member

I want to thank Joanna, the Queen of Blades, for trying to help me out with this!

But, I'm still looking as she doesn't have what I'm wanting.

'til later,
    Jillian

3. dakemisc

dakemisc New Member

** Thread Closed **

Weeelllllll, my fella has decided he doesn't know if he want SE or DE, and he doesn't want both. So I'm gonna sit on the sidelines and let him figure it out!

Thanks again to those of you who contacted me.

I'm off to find myself one of them pretty blue Gillette Lady's razor with the stars...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.