WTB: Silent Hill 1 for PS1

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Sledge, Sep 10, 2007.

1. Sledge

Sledge New Member

halo sucks in my opinion... too "cartoon" like... you want a good first person shooter, you gotta play it on PC... controls are much faster... i used to be big on counter-strike.

2. Woknblues

Woknblues New Member

video games

OP, for the record, if you are still looking by June, PM me, that is when I am returning from the Philippines for summer break, I could pick you up a CD for peanuts, unless you disagree with that type of thing, then I don't know what you were talking about and I was just saying this for informational purposes.

BF2. still playing. G3 two shots anywhere, kill. best kit is special forces though. My GF plays world of warcrack.

I like PC games because my PC can do a lot of cool things, while console platforms play games. The Wii is a step in the right direction, but it has a way to go before I return from my hiatus since my last purchase of a console, a coleco vision in 1982.

3. Smedley

Smedley New Member

Silent Hill 1 and 2 are the main reasons I am contemplating buying a PS2.

I was able to find a local games store that had some used copies when I was doing my research, maybe someplace around you has the same kind of dealio going.

4. Htownmmm

Htownmmm Member

best football game by a mile!

You are making me feel ancient.:mad:

Ok, that cinches it,I'm 'old'.

I remember(and played) with each one of these systems. now, if the game is not for pc, I don't consider it.

Marty

5. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Guess I'm old too then. :ashamed001

6. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

Are we all old?

7. Queen of Blades

According to Marty, I guess so.

But it's ok, I feel old. :o

8. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

As Garth Brooks said

Im to young to feel this damn old.

9. Queen of Blades

So true. :(

10. Sledge

Sledge New Member

the only reason i dont get into PC games is because maintenance of the console itself is too darn difficult to keep up with... you gotta replace your video card at MAXIMUM 2 years after you just did... and you will probably shell out another 300+ for it... not to mention, gaming ram of 1GB per stick is recommended, and processors are always becoming more advanced.... and plain and simple? the games that come out always seem to need a little bit more... the requirements always say one thing, but if you try to run say... halflife 2 on a PC with anything less than $600 in mods alone, you will be forced to witness it in minimal - medium graphics setting at best... and it might still be choppy... i splurged on a $300 graphics card once, and i have a gig of ram... and i STILL had a chop fest while playing Doom 3... but being the doom fan i am, i played it, and beat it, with copious amounts of pc lag lol

and considering all this can be avoided by spending $350 for an x box or $500 for a PS3, and you will consistently get the best graphics available for that game, you can play games that ARENT available for PC, and service life for a playstation system has proven to be at least 5 years (i think xbox is going to be doing the bill gates thing and start shelling out new systems every 2 years... take a look at the 360, within 6 months the games were already utilizing 80% of its total processing power... doesnt leave much room for growth does it?) i think game consoles are a much better investment..... but keyboards are definitely better coupled with a mouse for accurate aiming in 1st person shooters.... i was unbeaten in CAL-M for counter-strike with my "clan" (group of players dedicated to one team)... i miss that game lol