WTB Tony Miller Strop

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Mike257, Feb 23, 2009.

1. Mike257

Mike257 New Member

Looking for a TM strop,I would like to have Latigo/linen and practice strop.

2. JimR

JimR Active Member

Did you check the site? It looks like he will have some strops available tomorrow (Wednesday):

3. Mike257

Mike257 New Member

I do check his site very often, Im looking for the 3" Artesian model ,It just said will be back in stock soon. I have been checking 4 forums for a deal on a used one and just cant believe I missed that one here last night, I get so angry with stuff like this. Whenever I get into something it always takes so long to get what I need, like the custom flintlock that had a 2 yr wait, the Randall knife that took 5 years. I have some issues with waiting and it makes me want to get out of hobbies sometimes. (Rant off )

4. JimR

JimR Active Member

5 YEARS? Wow...that's a wait. I hear you, though, when I want something I want it NOW.

You should put exactly what you're looking for in your WTB post, though, if you're looking for something specific.
    Good luck!

5. Mike257

Mike257 New Member

Jim , right now there is a 6 year wait on Randall knives, so Im done with collecting those.

Im done having Flintlocks built because my builder has a 3 year wait.

The tatoo artist I want to use has a 6 month wait untill he can even draw up something.

My list goes on, I really want a custom razor but Im not even going to bother looking into it because I already know the deal.

6. RocketMan

RocketMan Active Member

Maybe you are just collecting the wrong things. Now, I found this great deal on a vintage automobile, and I was told there would be NO WAIT!!!

beater.jpg

Do ya want me to hook you up?? :happy102

7. JimR

JimR Active Member

Actually, when I spoke to Robert Williams it was only about 8 months...

8. Tony Miller

Tony Miller Member

I was told by a member of another group that the way I do business is foolish, openning only when I have stuff to sell. He told me I should simply take orders every day and just let my wait list grow to whatever it is........

Sorry, just can't do that.

Tony

9. JimR

JimR Active Member

Tony, I have yet (and I do mean YET) to do business with you but just from observation, I find the way you do business admirable. Honesty and dedication to quality are fantastic qualities, and sorely lacking these days.

I also want to thank you for respecting your customers enough to tell them exactly when your products are available and when they aren't.

10. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    People don't like wait lists. I've had people cancel orders cause it took more than 2 days to ship their stuff. Handmade stuff.

You have to do what is right for you. I certainly wish I could do the same. Too much variety in my products for that though. <shrug> :)

11. topcattcw

topcattcw Member

Maybe life is trying to teach you patience ?

12. Tony Miller

Tony Miller Member

JoAnna,
    I think most people are in the "I want it and want it now" camp. I have had orders come in late at night and get a call at noon the next day wondering if they shipped yet.
    Hand made and small runs are had to manage in today's market.
    Take care,
    Tony

13. Mike257

Mike257 New Member

That made me laugh:happy102 , I'll pass on that deal I already have enough junk.

14. Mike257

Mike257 New Member

Jim that is way to long I want to shave wth the custom tomorrow morning.:eek:

15. Mike257

Mike257 New Member

I understand that quality handmade products take time, but the other problem I have is I cant hold on to the money untill the product is ready. I have had $100 put aside once already for the TM strop and ended up spending it on something else, So payday I managed to hide another hundred but ended up buying some old razors on ebay. Now I have plenty of time to wait because I will not have extra money untill taxes come in. If I really get impatient I will end up with something I really dont want like an ebay strop. Or I even contemplated buying another razor , A DOVO Bismark just so I could get another shave in. So far I have shaved 2 times with my razor without stropping, then had a friend strop for me then got another 2 shaves in. Another razor will get me 2 more shaves, then if friend strops both razors will hold me for a month. I only need a shave once a week.

16. Churchill

Churchill New Member

Mike,I have a 3" TM heirloom horsehide/linen strop that I will sell for 75.00 shipped. The only sign of wear is a few smudges of CrOx on the linen side.
    PM me if you're interested.

17. bbsupersport

bbsupersport New Member

Tony,

Whatever you are doing seems to work. You're strops are very highly regarded and I've only read good things about dealing with you as a person. The personal touch you offer is an added bonus. Which is why I am now happily awaiting my first strop from you.

I am as impatient as the next guy, but here's two things I have learned along the way. "You get what you pay for" and "There are some things worth waiting for".

18. hoglahoo

hoglahoo Yesterday's News

What's the hurry? :shocked003

19. Mike257

Mike257 New Member

The hurry is I cant really shave with a straight untill I get a strop, It's not the end of the world , Im just anxious to get shavin more with a straight.

20. hoglahoo

hoglahoo Yesterday's News

I know the feeling, just don't sell yourself short by buying something that won't work! :D