Yaqi brushes

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by Codfish, Jul 14, 2020.

1. Codfish

Codfish Member

I recent asked members to identify their favorite synthetic shaving brushes. Yaqi and Simpson as the two clear favorites. Based on that, I purchased one of each. I received my Yaqi Saguanda Familia 24mm synthetic two weeks ago. It is now one of my all-time favorite brushes.

The brush is amazingly soft with good backbone. It has a high-quality handle, and the tuxedo knot is very attractive. The price point--at $11--made it irresistible! Have you added a Yaqi brush to your den?
    [​IMG]

2. The situational shaver

The situational shaver Well-Known Member

A Yaqi Barber Pole in 2 band badger. Performs well above it’s price point.

brit and Ijustmissedthe50s like this.
  3. ischiapp

ischiapp New Product Bloodhound

Yaqi synths has great q/p ratio.
    My #1 fav brush is a Yaqi SK07.
    It's called Cashmere, and I've taken as Maggard Beige.
    With a good custom setup, It has a wonderful overall performance.

brit and Ijustmissedthe50s like this.
  4. brit

brit in a box

yaqi twilight/ruby badger..awesome brush..

Ijustmissedthe50s likes this.
  5. dmshaver

dmshaver Well-Known Member

I've had several Yaqi brushes, synthetic & badger. I've kept, & still use the Cashmere. Nice brush.

brit likes this.
  6. ischiapp

Last edited: Mar 23, 2021
    brit, Silvestris and Hembree like this.
  7. brit

brit in a box

yaqi silvertip.awesome..
    images.jpeg

Hembree likes this.
  8. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

ischiapp likes this.
  9. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

I really enjoy synthetic brushes and have some Yaqi brushes I have bought over the last 2 years and really enjoy them.
    They all have those cloud like soft tips and they have back bone for those folks who like a good scrub, the bigger diameter brushes 26mm or larger will give the most scrub because they have so much more whiskers to help in that task IMO. All these brushes are good lather painters.
    24 mm knots are a good size knot and the bigger knots are interesting and the one on the far right (red zebra 26mm is my favorite in the bigger knots). All the brushes are very enjoyable to use! I have a 24mm synthetic Moka express on the way also.
    The white Cashmere 24 mm with black handle(dedicated brush) gets used every day for over 2 years brush washing my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser. (nice knot with a not so much back bone but gentle around the eyes area.)
    The ones on the left have a little more back bone [​IMG] ................................................................................ the ones on the right have a little less back bone. [​IMG]
    Yaqi cluster of brushes!.jpg

Yaqi brushes seem all right from my experiences, there are better brands possibly but you might have to pay a little more.

Latest addition to the Yaqi collection, with a few more on the way and even bought a Yaqi boar brush.
    Yaqi Moka Express synthetic, eye candy, excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, gentle scrub, easy to grip, great lather painter, first use of this pleasant to use knot & brush, it has softer back bone than other yaqi knots IMO but gives a nice gentle scrub IMO.
    I would also put this one in the grouping to the right with less back bone than the group on the left.

Yaqi moka express purchase 24mm synthetic.jpg

I have a few more on the way also. I really enjoy their synthetics, I even bought a boar brush and will give it a try.

Hembree likes this.
  10. Tedolph

Tedolph Well-Known Member

I have had a number of synthetic brushes over the years and have one now in my travel kit. I can't say that I ever liked any of them.

11. Landro

Landro Member

I have the same brush. Looks great and lathers well. Splays nicely. Never had a single hair come out. It hangs next to my 3 "Fine Accouterments" synthetics. They are pretty much identical in size and lift.
    It is a great brush.

12. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Yaqi is having a sale tomorrow(March 29th) on Aliexpress if your needing a new brush or shaving gear, they have a few brushes that I interested in!

Ijustmissedthe50s and PanChango like this.
  13. ischiapp

BamaT and Ron R like this.