Yardley Oatmeal and Almond Soap

Discussion in 'Skincare' started by Nick A, Sep 23, 2011.

1. Nick A

Nick A Active Member

I saw this at walmart for 97 cents a bar, so I picked it up. Wonder if anyone else has tried it.

The Ingredients are Sodium Tallowate, water, Sodium Cocoate, Glycerin, Fragrance, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel flower, Sodium Choride, Titanium Dioxide, Tetrasodium EDTA, Yellow 5, Red 33.

Doesn't seem horrible and it smells like almonds....I guess it's just a fragrance though.

[​IMG]

2. Sodapopjones

Sodapopjones Well-Known Member

I prefer the lavender actually, I've used Yardley off and on for years, its ok stuff!

3. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Lavender is the only Yardley I've tried. I agree - it's ok stuff!

4. Williams Warrior

Williams Warrior Well-Known Member

I just bought a bar of the Lavender, got it for .97 cents as well. It's the next bar I will try just have to finish current one.

5. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

I've tried several varieties of Yardley and it is ok. I'm waiting to deplete the soaps I'm using now and get some Speick and MWF for bathing.

6. Williams Warrior

Good luck with the MWF bar soap. I ordered a bar and was looking forward to it but it just wouldn't lather in my water and I chucked it after two showers.

7. newb

newb Resident Newb

I just want to say I really dig MWF bath soap. I have really hard well H20. I use it with a shower scrubbie and get great lather. My real problem with the MWF shower soap is it cost a lot but doesn't last long. Maybe because I have hard H20 ?

8. andyr

andyr Member

I have tried the Lavender and the Oatmeal, and prefer the oatmeal. It has some exfoliate. And you can't beat the price.

9. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

Yardley is a bargain for bath soap. I like the Oatmeal Almond scent best, but as you can read above many like the Lavender. The lather and life are well above the price point, though a little shy IMHO of the best bath soaps.

MWF to me is a good bath soap, but not worth the price point I can find in the USA.

Overall, my favorite bath soap is Pre De Provence. It's a french milled soap with super rich lather, great scents, and a decent price point. Definitely more than Yardley, but at $7 for a huge 8 ounce bar, it's not ultra expensive either.

Nick A and Hanzo like this.
  10. Williams Warrior

Where do you get your PDP soap from?

11. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

I get it at a local botique type shop. If you don't have a local source, Amazon sells it.

12. Williams Warrior

Thanks.

13. Nick A

Nick A Active Member

I've been using the Yardley for a couple days now. I have to say I like it, it feels good smells good, and leaves me squeaky clean! What more can I ask for?

14. newb

newb Resident Newb

The Frenchy Bee online has decent prices for PDP. It might be a little cheaper at the Frenchy Bee than Amazon. I think the bee sells through Amazon also.

15. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Yardley is one of the few mass market soaps that provides an excellent value and quality ingredients!

Nick A likes this.
  16. bc9

bc9 Member

Anybody near a Walgreen's...Yardley soaps are 69cents this week with a coupon in their circular...

Hanzo likes this.
  17. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Ditto