Yeah!!!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by BigMark, Jun 22, 2014.

1. BigMark

BigMark Tests razors by shaving Wookies

I went to Maine for the weekend with my Father and one of my brothers. I cannot tell you how many antique stores there are off of Route 1 ,It was so hard to keep my RAD in check. I was able to pick up a Slim adjustable, date-code I3, so that means 1963 3rd quarter. It was originally 32 but there was a 20% off deal and I got it for 27 dollars! I was tempted by the Micromatic Clog-Pruf and the GEM Junior but I have wanted a Adjustable Gillette for Months. Letting it soak in some water and dish soap right now. I also bought a Damaskeene but want to know are there any safe ways to remove the plating as it is very poor such as buffing compounds or light grit sandpaper. It also has a corner where the blade catch is bent. I only paid $8.50 so if it a total loss It won't bother me that much. I kinda wanted a small project anyway.

Tdmsu, PatrickA51, maltedmilk and 8 others like this.
  2. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout The Smart Bunny

Way to go. Enjoy!

PatrickA51 and BigMark like this.
  3. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

4. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
  5. BigMark

I will try to post pics when it is cleaned up. As for the Gem no pics, you guys would be heart broken. I might spend the 20 bux and send it out to Razor Emporium.

6. BigMark

I forgot to add I bought an NOS pack Wilkinson Swords Blades and a NOS Tube of Palmloive Brushless cream . I need to get some sort of shelf for my bedroom.

7. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

I like to see them grungy, if their gonna get cleaned up. take some and hold them for before and after

8. BigMark

Sorry dude but it is to late.

9. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

Congrats on the Slim!

10. BigMark

Tried it last night. Had some tugging and slight irritation. As I have never used an adjustable before this I am unsure whether to dial-up or down. I used a brand new "Lab" and MWF. But then again I hadn't shaved in a few days. Any tips ?

11. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

12. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

Great find, congrats. Congrats.jpg

13. BigMark

14. KnockOut Shave

KnockOut Shave Well-Known Member

Sounds like you got yourself some nice razors and some variety. :)

15. BigMark

Hopefully my RAD is cured ................................ for now.

16. KnockOut Shave

KnockOut Shave Well-Known Member

Good luck with that. I haven't found a cure yet myself.

BigMark likes this.
  17. maltedmilk

maltedmilk Well-Known Member

Article Team
    I got a lot out of the answers >here<. Gotta love TSDers!

18. geeeyejo

geeeyejo Active Member

Enjoy! Had my Fatboy for about a week and started on "3" - up to "5" today with no issues. Gillette sure made some great products!
    I empathize with your R&D - been DE shaving only 2 weeks now - started with a Supersport, got the Fatboy for Father's Day and just had a Gold GEM Bullet Tip SE and a Valet Autostrop delivered today. Want a GEM G-bar in the worst way but the wife is complaining about my new RA already... Lol

Mr. Shaverman and BigMark like this.
  19. Slow Joe

Slow Joe Relishing his obsession

Congrats on the slim, great find.

KnockOut Shave likes this.
  20. BigMark

Well I have a handful of shaves with this thing and I love it. I have noticed that the Reds work well in it but the Labs do not, perhaps a lower setting is in order. My poor Weber is being neglected though, poor Weber.

KnockOut Shave likes this.