Yeee-Hah!!!!!

Discussion in 'Straight Razors' started by Reformation Student, Dec 15, 2008.

1. Reformation Student

Reformation Student New Member

I finally got around to working on my grandfather's straight razor and have my first successful shave with it this morning.

It was smooth, comfortable and 95% BBS. Just a touch more work and it will be a great shaver.

It was fantastic to have a full shave with a piece of family history!

2. lamontqsanford

lamontqsanford New Member

Congratulations, Steve. That is awesome that you have a straight razor that belonged to your grandfather.

3. Reformation Student

Thanks. No one ever saw him use it or even knew he had one. Where he got it or if he ever really used it are mysteries that will never be solved. Still, it was his, he kept it for a reason and I'm glad to use it. I'll probably do one more shave and then display it somewhere in the house.

4. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    That's awesome, Steve!

Congrats!

5. Reformation Student

Thanks! This is the same razor I posted restoration pictures of a while back. I had gotten it cleaned up and began sharpening it but never got it quite sharp enough and I put it away while school and other things got in the way. Finally got back to it this weekend. So glad I did, too.

6. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    I remember. ;)

7. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

Way to go Steve! I have my grandfather's and my great grandfather's straights. I never knew either of them used one, but my dad gave me his grandfather's a while back when Dad found out I was straight shaving. It was fun to fix it up, sharpen it up and use a piece of family history. Glad you experienced that too.