Yes Sir, Mr, I finally nailed the razor.

Discussion in 'Welcome Center' started by Kypros Christodoulides, Sep 4, 2016.

1. Kypros Christodoulides

Kypros Christodoulides Well-Known Member

Today I received my new Ikon X3 slant with the bullgog handle.
    I'm not going to give a review on this as there are others much more experienced than the mere newbie I am.
    Although it was bought as a seconds from Connaught, I just could not find a flaw anywhere on it.
    To test it, I didn't take a shower before but proceeded to lather up with the Arko soap, no pre-shave oil or anything else.
    I put a used Voskhod to begin with and I did the first draw WTG. It cut beautifully, sliding down the cheek like a hot knife through butter without any effort, just the weight of the razor itself. I was duly impressed, so I substituted the blade with a Merkur that on my previous shave 3 days ago cut me so badly, I almost needed a transfusion.
    Still the same effortless cutting and gliding over the face, no irritation at all. Finding the angle was no problem at all as the razor itself dictated the right angle.... Miss it and it will not cut.
    3 passes WTG, XTG both ways with a final bit of correction. A nice BBS the likes of which I have never before experienced. It is an aggressive razor but it will not bite or draw blood and as a newbie still needing to hone my technique, I would have no hesitation recommending it to other newbies.
    Now gents. I'm so sold on slants, I'll be ordering a second one in case Ikon decides to discontinue the X3, but with a different handle, (not that I have a problem with the bulldog but I have to be able to tell them apart).
    For the near future, I'll be testing it with a feather to see how it performs with such a blade.
    Any suggestions if there is a better slant out there that is aggressive, forgiving and slides like it's on ice?

Last edited: Oct 10, 2016
  2. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Nope. Not buyin' it. No pics, didn't happen. Dems da rulz.

Enjoy your new toy! :happy088:

3. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

:signs011:

Congratulations on your new razor.

4. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
  5. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

Not a bad review for not being a review :) and great advice given by the others so far, I agree with them :p

6. Kypros Christodoulides

Well, since I'm away from home and the girlfriend brought it to me at Pafos where I'm playing in the opera, this is the picture of the same item from the shop I bought it from.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 10, 2016
  7. swarden43

Doesn't count. Must be a pic of yours. Anyone can post a web pic. :p

Yes, we're a tough crowd. :D

8. Kypros Christodoulides

O.k gents, tomorrow when I get back home I'll take a picture of this and also the Merkur progress 500 waiting for me there.

battle.munky, swarden43 and RyX like this.
  9. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

The Ikon 102 slant is another great, smooth razor.

Herm

10. Kypros Christodoulides

I'm trying to upload the pics, but it keeps telling me the file is too large.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2016
  11. Kypros Christodoulides

12. Kypros Christodoulides

These are my beauties so far. A fatip grande and an other Ikon X3 with OSS handle in the mail. Now that I got the hang of posting trimmed pics, I'll post pics them when they arrive.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 6, 2016
    wristwatchb, Herm2502 and RyX like this.
  13. Kypros Christodoulides

They are arranged in my preference order. X3 slant, progress 500, futur, R41 and 41C.

Redfisher likes this.
  14. swarden43

15. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Welcome to The Shave Den! :)

16. Kypros Christodoulides

Thank you, glad to be here.

wristwatchb likes this.
  17. Kypros Christodoulides

I got a 1961 fat boy a week ago and I have to say I understand why there is such a big following. This razor right now is my no.1 go to with the X3 slant a close second.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2016
    wristwatchb and jimjo1031 like this.
  18. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Congratulations! You have some fine razors. I also have a couple of '61 FB's. That's my birth year, so that makes them even more special to me.

Enjoy!

19. MattCB

MattCB Well-Known Member

Welcome to the rabbit hole. Enjoy!

20. Kypros Christodoulides

1961 is my birth year also.

wristwatchb likes this.