Yeti Snot shaving soap review

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by crackstar, Feb 2, 2014.

1. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

D9DNu1Z.png I received a BIG sample of this great stuff on Friday and I was so anxious to give it a spin this morning. Here's my honest and unbiased opinion. (it's freezing!)

Ease of lathering: 8/10--Quite easy and you get a slick and rich lather.

Longevity of lather: 8/10--Good stability for a multi-pass shave.

General skincare: 7/10--Bone-chilling cold which begins immediately. Not the most skin-friendly soap, but good.

Scent: 9/10--Nice. Menthol and peppermint. I really like it a lot.

Price: 10/10--At Ernie's website it sells at around 4,00$ or so. Very, very affordable.

Would I buy again: 10/10--Being such a menthol lover, you better believe it! :)

This soap is a menthol lover's dream come true - it's exactly the same freezing-cold effect as you'd get from Stirling Glacial. It has nice, rich, slick lather - ok, not especially thick but still very workable, and the menthol effect is off the charts. It smells great also - my wife actually likes it. The only improvement needed perhaps, would be the moisturizing aspect. Otherwise this one HELL of a fabulous soap.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2014
    vwp528, ram57, GDCarrington and 4 others like this.
  2. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Nice review, Jeff! I'm certain the queue to order will now form after the other menthol-addicts read this!
    :smiley freezing::smiley freezing::smiley freezing:

crackstar likes this.
  3. ChiefShaver

ChiefShaver Well-Known Member

Very nice review my Friend. Seems to be a great soap for menthol junkies like you. :)

crackstar likes this.
  4. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

I have a shave stick, I have yet to try it. Looks like I'll give it a go this week. Very nice review! I expect the same results.

crackstar likes this.
  5. ChiefShaver

ChiefShaver Well-Known Member

Jeff,is the cooling effect comparable with the Palmolive Rinfrescante? Or has the Yeti snot a higher dose of menthol?

crackstar likes this.
  6. The_Dude_Abides

The_Dude_Abides Active Member

I've used several of the Shaving Yeti soaps- including the infamous Yeti Snot- and it's all top notch stuff.

The Snot has enough menthol to cause my eyes and nose to run during the first lathering; after that, it settles into an intense, yet comfortable, cold. Really hard to explain. If you like menthol, you owe it to yourself to check out their site and get some (The Mr. Yeti Elixir is even better, IMO).

GDCarrington and crackstar like this.
  7. crackstar

Thorsten, it's MUCH stronger. Compared to the Yeti Snot the Palmolive Menthol feels warm! :rofl:

Thanks, my friend. We menthol addicts would really appreciate a product like this! :happy093:

8. ram57

ram57 Don't Open til Christmas

Nice review Jeff. Yet Snot is a definite buy for menthol lovers.

crackstar likes this.
  9. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

Excellent review as always Jeff! Thanks!

Long Live the King of Kool!!! :D :smiley freezing:

crackstar likes this.
  10. burnout961

burnout961 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the review. I was hoping to post the first review, but my order got back ordered due. The good news is I got tracking number yesterday, so it should be here this week :happy036:.

crackstar likes this.
  11. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Glad to see you weren't disappointed.

crackstar likes this.
  12. crackstar

I used it again this morning and I enjoyed every second of the shave. I'll be receiving another puck of it soon - yippieeeeeeeeee!!! :happy108:

richgem likes this.
  13. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

This soap was a joke to me. The lather disappeared before I even had time to get my razor to my face. I rinsed what was left off and used my Palmolive Menthol as a quick reaction force.

crackstar likes this.
  14. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I must get me some Yeti Snot.

crackstar likes this.
  15. The_Dude_Abides

The_Dude_Abides Active Member

For the folks who had trouble getting Yeti Snot to lather: it's a very thirsty soap and it needs lots of water. Be patient, be thorough, and you'll be rewarded with a great (and the coldest) shave you've ever had.

crackstar likes this.
  16. crackstar

What could have gone wrong?

17. crackstar

Yes indeed it is - if they can tolerate a menthol effect to such an extreme level.

18. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Look out! Pretty soon she will have your morning shave set out for you based on her preferences! :signs136:

CyanideMetal and crackstar like this.
  19. crackstar

Corinne never tells me what to select for my shaves! ;)

GDCarrington likes this.
  20. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

We had that theme week already, anyhow. ;)

crackstar likes this.