YIKES!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Gillette_Man, Oct 19, 2008.

1. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

Stunning, but wayyyy out of my league!

CLICK ME

2. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

+1 on all counts ebay_monkey. ;) Sorry, I had to... I have to get a #66 eventually, I think they are my favorite looking razor, like a President Rocket... Unfortunately, I will never be able to afford one like that, I will have to find one buried in a lot or something.

3. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

When the seller first listed that razor, I asked if he would take $150 shipped on a Buy It Now -- he just laughed! :happy102

4. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

It could be worth that much with an outer shipper, instructions and the correct blade holder. It amazes/stuns me what these English Aristocrat's can go for! I'm with Rodd, my #16/#66 will have to fly under the radar and avoid the snipers to find a home with me. I ain't paying that!

5. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

Hmmm. And to think I assumed it was an ebay link before clicking on the post :D

6. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    I'd say you "presumed", not "assumed".

Definition, I'm thinking number 3 specifically.

7. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

Oh, knock it off, Lindsay! :taunt002

This discussion is for the collectors. ;)

8. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

Nope. I meant assumed. Assumption is the deffinition of presumption. Even supposition. But no, no presumtion. To presume would be assuming I was pre-judging. You could suppose I was doing so, but I presume I have sufficient evidence to make the assumption.

Besides, you can't assume, without making an ASS out of U and ME, as my girlfriends mother always says.