Yippeeeeee - great find for me today :)

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by Grant, Oct 9, 2011.

1. Grant

Grant Active Member

Evening all .... me and the missus went to an outdoor flea market (approx 500 sellers) today and I picked up this razor. I have literally just got home and so it is in a very raw state but thought I would share.

I think the case is superb. I have seen early 1900's ladies vanity sets made of the same material but never a razor case.

Can anyone confirm the date of the razor from the codes - I have looked but got confused lol :angry032:

I think the price of £12 GBP was a bargain gold razor 001.jpg :happy093: :wave:

Attached Files:

PanChango, crackstar and Dridecker like this.
  2. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

Excellent score. And the serial number puts it at 1921.

3. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Niiiiiiiiiice! :happy088:

4. Grant

Grant Active Member

Have you ever seen a case like this before ? I think it may have been from a bigger gentleman's set , Do you concur !

Ok Just got the hang of the code thing I think I was having a Wife Moment .

5. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Nice ladies Tuckaway! I have one with the case like this but a Gillette New. That was the razor, rather the case, that got me into collection of razors since the Bakelite case drew me in. Radio repair and collection is another hobby of mine and the Bakelite was the similar item that changed my mind about acquiring razors (rather than just having a Slim and a Weishi).

Enjoy it for they are beautiful examples of form and functional art!

6. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

Yes, I've seen a case like that many a time as it is the case that comes with these 1920s Gillette Milady Decolletee sets. You can see all 3 colors here.

GDCarrington likes this.
  7. wyatt46

wyatt46 Well-Known Member

Very nice find

8. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

The Coral case is the most desirable and they always seems to go for a high price whenever I have seen them.

9. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Wow, that looks awesome!

10. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

Very nice score, may it give you many great shaves! :happy088:

11. Grant

Grant Active Member

7 days ago I didn't have 1 of these razors . Now I have got one from the family and 1 I have bought Life is Good !
    I did try A shave the other day ,but like with any new (old) razor did it slow & steady anyways I like the way it worked when it's Not trying to cut your throat out .. lol ;)