Yo, I got the Mott's PIF *WINNER ANNOUNCED*

Discussion in 'Freebies' started by Smott, Jul 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smott

Smott Chew your shave. Slowly.

I've only been a member since May 6, 2012, but thanks to a deluge of kindness in these short couple of months, I already feel like part of the crew. I looked at my stats and couldn't believe that I just passed the 500 mark!

7-26-2012 6-56-21 PM.png
    My big-mouthed, chatty shenanigans are your gain—it's PIF time!

Up for grabs:
    1. Gold Dollar Straight Razor (sent to me "shave ready" by a kind party, but I chickened out)
    2. Strop
    3. Omega Pro 48 Boar Brush
    4. Irisch Moos Shave Stick (new, but doesn't include the stick holder)
    5. Macho Sport Scent After Shave Splash
    6. Superior 70 Bay Rum
    2012-07-26-19.06.png

You guys and gals already know I love all y'all, but I wanted to do a little something to celebrate with you. I know this isn't much compared to some of the generosity I've witnessed in my short time here, but I hope whoever gets it will enjoy it. And name their next child or prized pet after me. Though not a rock, that's already been done.

To enter:
    Post your interest in participating in this random drawing and promise all of us that the next time you go out and about, you'll watch for someone who needs your help. This might be someone who needs food—feed them. It might be someone who looks down—go talk to them, see how they're doing, and cheer them up. It might be an older lady trying to get something large into her trunk—be the first over there. It might be someone in a prison or hospital who just needs someone to talk to for a bit. I'll leave the details up to you. I know that we don't always need to be recognized when we do something good, but hopefully this will act as a reminder that we're all people living together for a time.

I'll draw one of the entrants through random selection after the London 2012 Closing Ceremonies. Thanks again, everyone, for being my friends and for the good things you do on a daily basis.

UPDATE: Due to alcohol restrictions with shipping, if you win the PIF and you're from outside the continental US, we'll arrange to remove the offending goods and replace them with something else that would be safe to ship. That way, it still allows everyone to participate. And this has to be the longest PIF post in the history of wet-shaving.

Participants (so far):
    Williams Warrior
    awake2shave
    PLANofMAN
    Indiexsunrise
    apo1022
    burnout961
    Latherman87
    macaronus
    Turk
    wlmcad
    emmijack
    fishcrow
    ElliotR
    Kevin K
    BossManBill
    TitanTTB
    ajsaxs
    Chris S
    Ryan Bales
    PadreTex
    5Savages
    Lunakyra

WE HAVE A WINNER! Click here for the announcement.

Lunakyra, Hanzo, macaronus and 2 others like this.
  2. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Count me out on the PIF, Steve, but congratulations on the milestones!

Here's a Holy Mackerel to celebrate!

[​IMG]

PLANofMAN, macaronus and Smott like this.
  3. Williams Warrior

Williams Warrior Well-Known Member

I'll sign up for this. I help out anyone as much as I can, as I have a hard time telling people no.

macaronus and Smott like this.
  4. awake2shave

awake2shave Crazy Sharp Melon Baller

Please count me in for this that irish moos is calling my name.

5. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    I normally sit out pif's but I actually haven't tried anything you've got displayed there, Steve, so count me in. I guess I'll add a holy cow to the mix. I figure one holy cow equals about fifteen holy mackerel's any day. EDIT: and yes, I promise to help the next person I see who needs help. I woulda done it anyway, though. Didn't need to motivate me with a PIF.:D
    [​IMG]

Smott likes this.
  6. JayPo007

JayPo007 Well-Known Member

Please do not count me in the PIF. I just want to applaud your kindness. This fantastic spirt shared through out TSD is what makes me proud to be a member. Imagine if everyone would find it in themselves to treat strangers as family. It is an honor to find myself among so many quality people.

7. Indiexsunrise

Indiexsunrise Well-Known Member

Count me in. I never carry cash for spending but I do keep a few bucks and a free chick-fil-a sandwich coupon in my wallet for a hungry soul.

Smott likes this.
  8. apo1022

apo1022 Active Member

Please count me in! Wonderful pif and I always like seeing people get helped as i appreciate being helped. Even a smile can go a long ways!

Smott likes this.
  9. burnout961

burnout961 Well-Known Member

Count me in as well, I'm like Williams Warrior I can't seem to say no when I see somebody who needs a helping hand.

Williams Warrior and Smott like this.
  10. Latherman87

Latherman87 Well-Known Member

Count me in please! I like helping old people! No offense to some of you older fellas on here lol.....consider yourself young!

Williams Warrior likes this.
  11. jeraldgordon

jeraldgordon TSD's Mascot

Way to go, Stevey, you Wonder! Don't include me though...

12. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

crowdyell.gif
    That's the spirit, Steve! Congrats with your posts. Since you've got a way with words, it is always a pleasure reading 'em!

Please count me in. A items seem exciting!

Smott likes this.
  13. ChrisC1977

ChrisC1977 Well-Known Member

Not interested in this PIF. But very nice indeed and very generous! Good luck to all who enter.

When looking at the items offered, I imagined the post office asking "Are you shipping anything liquid, flammable, or potentially hazardous?" It feels like an accomplishment when you can answer: "Why yes, yes I am."

Smott likes this.
  14. Turk

Turk Well-Known Member

Count me in! The world works better when we help each other and that help can come in many forms. Thats a great PIF you put together.

Smott likes this.
  15. wlmcad

wlmcad cleaning TSD Route 5

Count me in, random acts of kindness are part of my daily life, always have been and always will be.

Smott likes this.
  16. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Steve, don't count me in, but accept my compliments on a great PIF! Now I have a question about the Holy Cow...does it say "Moolelujah?"

Smott and PLANofMAN like this.
  17. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    I'm pretty sure it says "Hallemoojah!"

Smott and Sara-s like this.
  18. emmijack

emmijack Well-Known Member

Please count me in for this fantastic PIF Steve.
    I work with young offenders within the prison service, teaching them to cook and bake in the Kitchens, this gives them the skills to hopefully lead an honest and productive life after they have finished their sentence.
    Thankyou for the chance of winning.

Smott likes this.
  19. Smott

Smott Chew your shave. Slowly.

I suddenly realized that my PIF does contain alcohol and seem to recall that being a problem when shipping to some destinations. Anyone know if this will somehow limit who can participate? [​IMG]

20. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

IIRC, you can't ship alcohol, liquids, or sharps out of the US. But, you might call your local post office to double check.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.