You guys are terrible influences... THANKS! (New cased 1924 Every Ready)

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by McHale, Jun 15, 2017.

1. McHale

McHale Well-Known Member

Long story short, there's an antique/junk store in town and I've been waiting for the owner to deliver on a Bostonian DE he keeps promising to bring to the store so I stop in regularly. He keeps finding razors and I keep buying them (so he'll keep finding them).

Well, today I picked up THIS for $20 (not a steal, not a terrible deal):

20170615_105509.jpg

I haven't started cleaning it up yet but there's no visible brassing or corrosion. The case, blade cases, and razor should all clean up well. So now I own two SEs, both 1924's (thanks again to @wchnu for my first one) and I STILL haven't had a chance to shave with it. I checked the 2 pharmacies by me and neither had blades. I'm going on vacation next week so I'm sure I'll find some. Can't wait to try them.

Updated pictures later once I get these all cleaned up.

-Mc

2. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

That's not a bad deal for $20. You have what appears to be a great looking razor, a case and a blade bank with a couple of vintage blades. Blades are fairly easy to find for that razor. Many supermarkets and chain drugstores carry them. You'll get great shaves out of it.

:happy088:

3. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

Walgreens carries GEM. If they don't have 'em in store, you order on line and they deliver to your local store for free. RiteAid carries Treet.

DaltonGang likes this.
  4. GarnerPW

GarnerPW Well-Known Member

Try Rite Aid. That is where I found some. You can also check locally owned supermarkets and drug stores.

Sent from my phone using some app

5. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    CVS brand SE blades are good blades, too.
    zenablers2.gif

Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
  6. McHale

McHale Well-Known Member

I live in a tiny little farm town so the nearest pharmacy is about 12 miles away, a Walgreens... which I checked. Next week I'll be in some major cities so it should be no problem finding at least ONE pack. Thanks for the tips. Looking forward to trying these.

7. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Nice haul.

8. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Cool!
    Just don't use hardware store SE blades. They're not for shaving.

9. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Yup. Important to keep in mind.

That is a good looking set.. Wooooo

10. Bookworm

Bookworm Well-Known Member

There are some folks here who tried them just to make sure.

11. McHale

McHale Well-Known Member

That should be a sticky!

12. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

It's kinda like don't use a chain saw to cut up beef.....unless it's in a horrow movie about Texas.