Your deepest, darkest shaving confession

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by gorgo2, Jun 24, 2011.

1. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

That you're willing to share, anyway.

Mine is pretty boring: I have an Old Spice mug but I do not use it for shaving. I use it to drink coffee.

Next?

2. ShaveAddict

ShaveAddict Member

It might be seen as "dark" here but i shave with a cartridge razor sometimes.

3. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Me too, but I suspect there's more of us Trac II degenerates lurking about here than we think.

4. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

As much as I wanted one, I don't think I ever had a true BBS shave.

There are others...

5. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

I do not have enough blades to last through the shavepocalypse...

6. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

CoughCoughBull$hitCoughCough...

Are you planning on living to be 130 years old?

7. Williams Warrior

Williams Warrior Well-Known Member

:sihns011

8. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

No, really... we only have like nine packs of blades!

9. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay Active Member

I love shaving, but I also miss having a beard. I truly wish I had two faces, one to shave clean and the other to have a beard.

10. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

Some of the best shaves I ever had were from an old Remington electric razor.

11. howlwolf

howlwolf Member

No Way.....U have been very, very close I'm sure, it's coming soon my friend of the Den.

12. Sodapopjones

Sodapopjones Well-Known Member

Honestly, I'm not that big of a fan of the vintage Gillette's, yeah I can get a decent shave out of the Super Speeds, but I would rather use my Parker, even if the plating sucks....

That's all I can really think of...

13. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

I don't like Super Speeds. I don't really like FatBoys and Slims that much.

14. Billr

Billr Mix Master Mighty White!

I love all my soaps and creams - but Col Conks Bay Rum always takes me back to that first shave with my DE.

15. Slivovitz

Slivovitz Well-Known Member

Within reason, I don't much care how anything smells.

16. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

After my final pass, I always have enough lather left over for at least one, heck, maybe even two or more passes. I take all that left over lather and take it to the face as if I am going to do one more pass. I leave it there until everything else is picked up, dried, and put away. Then I rinse.

I guess I do this for two reasons.
    1 - I know some soaps, like MWF, contain products that can actually help soften the skin. Leaving it on the skin can only make it better, right? What I don't know is what, if any, of my current soaps have any ingredients that actually help. :happy102

B - Here's the real reason... I just want to smell the fantastic smells of my soaps just as long as I can :D

Omelmad likes this.
  17. HoosierTrooper

HoosierTrooper Steve-less in Indiana

I love using the Trac II. A lot.

18. MÜHLE-Man

MÜHLE-Man Member

I still use my electric right under my nose (1 tiny little strip) and at the corners of my mouth :rolleyes:

19. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

I like this thread.

I've come very close, but when I try to do more then two passes I end up with a ton of irritation. I normally do two passes and get a pretty nice shave, but it's no where near BBS along the jawline and neck. The extra bit of smoothness just isn't worth the added irritation.

20. dougr

dougr Well-Known Member

+1:happy097:happy097 Jump right in there Dale and I want to tell Jeff that I can loan him some of my lifetime suply of Sharks when his blade Warehouse is empty:signs131