Your favorite ATT combo?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Darkbulb, Apr 25, 2015.

1. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

I've been looking into the ATT razors and heads and I like the versatility that the handle-head combos offer.

For you ATT owners out there what's your favorite combo?

I'm really liking the look and idea of either the Kronos-H2 or Kronos-S2.

PatrickA51 likes this.
  2. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

I like my R-1 or my M-1 with the Kronos handle. I have not really used the H-1 Base Plate, I used it with the Atlas handle, it's too short for my liking.
    I want to get me a ATT Colossus Handle, it's just a shade longer than my Weber/Classic Handle.

Darkbulb likes this.
  3. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Kronos S1 owner. Love it!

Darkbulb likes this.
  4. Hobgoblin

Hobgoblin Member

M1 and M2 Atlas handle , good razor but not my favorite.

Darkbulb likes this.
  5. CyanideMetal

CyanideMetal Wild and crazy guy

I like the H2 head and BRW custom handles.

6. j-mt

j-mt New Member

I have an Atlas M1. It's one of the smoothest razors I've ever used. I love the handle in every way but the length - 1/2" more would've made it perfect for me.

As for build quality, they're unbeatable. They're a BIFL item (that you could probably pass down to your grand kids).

I'm currently shopping for an S1.

7. sir_mike

sir_mike Well-Known Member

I haven't figured out my favorite setup yet as I am still trying out the plates that I have. I have the M,R and H in both the open comb and closed comb sets as well as the Krono's and Colossus handles but I have only tried the M and R in both until just a few days ago when I stepped up to trying the H1 plate. So far I have used it three times and like it alot. It is very efficient and I can do two passes with some touch up and get a DFS easily. I have pretty much decided that I will keep the closed comb set as I seem to like them just a little better but it is very close!

I haven't used the Krono's or Colossus handles yet as I like the iKon Bamboo and the Maggard MR1 handle. I like the layout and feel of the Bamboo one as it just seems to fit my grip better and I also like the MR1 handle to hold onto in the differnt passes easier like the XTG and ATG (if I do this) as it is about 1/4 inch longer than the Atlas which I feel it too short.