Your favorite (non-sticky) moisturizer?

Discussion in 'Skincare' started by JohnFM, Apr 22, 2011.

1. JohnFM

JohnFM New Member

My usual post shave routine includes an aftershave splash (e.g., Speik, Harris Arlington) followed by a moisturizer. Sometimes I'll thrown in an aftershave balm in between. I've noticed that a lot of balms and moisturizers have a sticky quality which makes my face feel tighter, almost like wearing a mask!

So I'm looking for a good moisturizer that's not sticky. Suggestions appreciated!

John

2. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

First, welcome to The Den!

With regard to your post, I rarely use any moisturizers but the closest thing I use is Nivea unscented balm and Barbasol Pacific Rush Balm.

Wish I could give you more. I'm sure someone will be along shortly and give you a good perspective though.

3. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

4. Williams Warrior

Williams Warrior Well-Known Member

Go by the drugstore and get a bottle of Nivea Sensitive as balm. It goes on light and is absorbed right away. This is the only balm/moisturizer that I've tried that doesn't leave a greasy feeling on my face.

beemers likes this.
  5. JoeMal

JoeMal Member

Welcome to the site!

I like to use balms, but I also use moisturizers when needed. I currently am using a Desert Essence moisturizer that's light and goes on thin, leaving my face refreshed and moisturized without feeling like I covered it in motor oil

6. Dslazar9

Dslazar9 Took the Menthol-cratic Oath

Welcome to the Den!
    I also do not like sticky, greasy, grimy after shave balms.
    I just discovered a wonderful Balm that is none of the above. It's got
    a nice refreshing scent and a bit of menthol-Baxter of California After Shave
    Balm, check it out.
    The after shave milk products here at The Shave Den Store also do a great job without the grime. They also come in just about any scent you can imagine-and some you can't imagine. Monkey Farts to name one.
    Another balm that can be found at local department stores like Macys or
    Nordstrom is Lab Series. It's not cheap but a little goes a long way.

7. AnB_Daddy

AnB_Daddy Active Member

+1 on the Baxter's. I use it everyday after my shave because of it moisturizing abilities while still going on nice and clean, no stickiness at all.

8. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Welcome to the Den!

L'Oreal Comfort Max after shave balm. Claims 24 hour hydration. I like it. Not sticky at all. Picked it up at ShopRite.

9. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

Welcome to The Shave Den John! A great community of guys and gals that enjoy wet shaving, I hope you enjoy your stay!

While its not required, how about you hop over to the Newbies Section and give yourself a proper introduction thread, I'm sure you'll receive many warm welcomes from the friendly folks of this community.

10. JohnFM

JohnFM New Member

Dridecker,

I'll post something on the newbie section by way of introduction.

And thanks all for your suggestions -- I'll try a few of 'em.

John

11. Xezmer

Xezmer Active Member

American crew classic. Best smelling and most functional for me.

12. supe

supe Active Member

Hey John, welcome to the Den

I've tried several different balms and noticed the exact same thing. The best I've found (for me) is Musgo Real ASB. While a little on the pricey side it doesn't leave me feeling like I'm wearing a mask and will definitely sooth irritated skin. Getting ready to try some TSD aftershave milks and see what they're like.