Your Favorite Thing About Saturday Mornings?

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by CJames, May 24, 2013.

1. CJames

CJames Well-Known Member

If you asked many kids what their favorite thing about Saturday mornings, they might say “the cartoons” or “no school”. If you asked me when I was a kid, probably a combination of “no school” and “I get to go out and ride my bike.” I think I was on a bike from dawn until the streetlights came on.

However, if you asked me today…”What is your favorite thing about Saturday morning?” I would probably answer the following…

I love Saturday mornings, because I get to sleep in with SWMBO and even the PUG gets to come snooze in the bed on Saturday mornings. Though that last part may change when we have kids (then again, maybe not). I love Saturday mornings because, Saturday mornings means pancakes, bacon and eggs! I love Saturday mornings because I get to listen to SWMBO sing either hymns or Disney songs while she makes the pancakes (I cook the bacon and eggs). I love Saturday mornings because we get to drink homemade Cappuccino’s while we cook breakfast. I love Saturday mornings because I get to have a nice leisurely shave in the AM. I love Saturday mornings because Saturday night is date night! And I love Saturday mornings because the next day I get to worship my Savior!

And…Tomorrow is particularly special because we haven’t been home in (2) weeks and my shave soap samples from Joanna should arrive!

The question is…What is your favorite thing about Saturday morning?

Brewfus1.jpg

2. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

A slow wakeup, my home roasted coffee, and my str8 shave. I'm a simple guy.

ohpaos likes this.
  3. BigT

BigT Well-Known Member

Very nice post CJames. We have a similar routine here also. Saturday mornings means no getting up at 3:30 to go to work. Once I get up it's BIG breakfast time and I'm the cook. Each Saturday I try to come up with something special. Tomorrow morning will be fresh eggs, laid fresh by my own chickens, homemade hashbrowns, fried country ham, toast, and grits (yes I live in the south and gotta have those grits).

ohpaos and Ryan B like this.
  4. ohpaos

ohpaos Smiley Provider

When I was growing up, my Dad would leave for work early Saturday mornings. I'd then run and hop in bed with my mum for cuddles. As a grown up (<--supposedly), I look forward to Saturday morning runs, followed by something yummy in my tummy!

5. CJames

CJames Well-Known Member

I seriously gotta try this someday! I have just about every implement for brewing coffee...Just not roasting!

Wayyyyy better, I know. Maybe when we move back to Nebraska next year!

Certainly a fan of this! SWMBO and I ran the Big Sur Half in November...Simply Amazing!

6. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

I know where I'm going to have breakfast then. :D

BigT and ohpaos like this.
  7. Ryan B

I'm on summer break, so everyday is like Saturday to me. So I'll talk about Saturdays during the semester... I hardly ever wake up late now because my puppy howls and whines at 6:30. I have to take him out, feed him, take him out again, and then if I'm lucky; I'll put him in my bed and sleep for another hour or so.

I like that I can go to the gym whenever I want, I usually don't have anywhere to be, and I can do whatever I want.

8. ohpaos

ohpaos Smiley Provider

[​IMG]

What kind? Do they have names? Can we seeeeee? :D. My neighbor had chickens when I was a kid & they were brazen! One crazy hen "tree'd me" *blush*

BigT likes this.
  9. BigT

BigT Well-Known Member

You're welcome any time.

Ryan B likes this.
  10. BigT

BigT Well-Known Member

Of course they have names: Cheezey, Squeezy (sisters), Maxine, Joanne, Netty, Blanch, Bridget and Ricky. Ricky's a hen also. lol

ohpaos likes this.
  11. BigT

BigT Well-Known Member

I pics of three of them but the size is too large to post. I'll have to try and shrink them down.

12. CJames

CJames Well-Known Member

Gym...Who has time for that! I lost 20 lbs. in my first semester of grad school...used to work out a lot (now, not so much). The Pug likes to get up at 4AM sometimes now, because when I am in class I usually get up then (not excited about that on weekends).

Ryan B likes this.
  13. NoobShaver

NoobShaver BGDAAA

bacon. I usually cook a half package of bacon on Sat. morning. Also, the kids usually sleep in to 7am so I get a little extra sleep. Wish my kids weren't such morning people.

14. BigT

BigT Well-Known Member

Here you go ohpaos: Cheezy, Maxine and Bridget. Bridget is only about the size of a large dove and lays half size eggs: Cheezy1.jpg Maxine1.jpg Bridget1.jpg

ohpaos likes this.
  15. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Saturday mornings, I get to wake up when it is light outside. Then a long, leisurely shower & leg shave. A bit later, I go to Temple.

16. ohpaos

ohpaos Smiley Provider

:rofl:
    BigT, You are the best!!! :wave:
    Thank you for the great pics of your girls. Cheezey is my favorite :). Maxine looks an awful lot like the chickie who treed me. :eek: Petite Miss Bridget is adorable. Thanks again!

17. Ryan B

It's part of my New Year's Resolution. So I will make time for that. I'm trying to gain weight too. I stay around 130 depending on how hydrated I am.

18. jabberwock

jabberwock Well-Known Member

I still like cartoons on a Saturday morning, but my favorite thing is getting up while everyone else is asleep and wandering around places that are crowded at any other time. It's sort of like when I was in highschool, I would go out at 3am just so I could ride my bike down the center of what would usually be a busy street. It always intrigues me to see things in a different light, to see how places change when the people who normally inhabit them and give them life aren't around.

Leo K. likes this.
  19. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

The favourite part of Saturday mornings is not ot have get up early for work. Or rather: not having to go to work. No fun over there at the moment. Oh, and having the chance to use one of my Rolls Razors. I keep those for the weekends.

Leo K. likes this.
  20. Leo K.

Leo K. Well-Known Member

Leisurely wake up, shower and shave, and my wife and I stopping to get coffee and then drive to bookstores, Thrift, and Antique shops! It's GREAT! :)