Your Pipe of The Day.

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by KcHighLife, Oct 13, 2013.

1. RyX

RyX DoH!

Nothing wrong with a knock around cob pipe. Good for a fishing trip, or any activity where you might damage a good briar. Down side I found was mine getting soggy bottom. The porous material held moisture and got squishy.

Anyone with a Missouri Meerschaum ever notice this effect? Am I doing something wrong?

Tdmsu and Brickman301 like this.
  2. Brickman301

Brickman301 Well-Known Member

Absolutely nothing wrong with them. Mine go on fishing and hunting trips with me often. I have also had the bottom get soggy, but only on the ones that don’t have the wood plug in the bottom of the bowl. I’ve heard of people getting burn throughs as well, but I’ve never had that happen.
    If the soggy bottom is from doing something wrong, I don’t know what it could be. I actually like the natural unplastered cobs the best, they seem to smoke cooler. Maybe we are both doing something wrong? Lol

Tdmsu and RyX like this.
  3. Brickman301

Did I tell you guys how much I hate the yellow finish Missouri Meerschaum uses? Anyways, a few minutes of sanding, a drimel tool, and some leather dye, and while she still won’t win in a beauty contest, I think she looks better. [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AGHisBBS, RyX, Tdmsu and 1 other person like this.
  4. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

Yes it's a little pipe, but it smokes cool.
    Atticus is an English bulldog he's the best!

RyX and Brickman301 like this.
  5. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

camart1528282489440.jpg
    Maltese Falcon in my Cayuga - a very cool and tasty bowl this time

Brickman301, Erik Redd and RyX like this.
  6. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

IMG_20180607_065335_1528370401014_1528370867366.jpg
    Old Toby in my Morgan One Anse

Erik Redd and Brickman301 like this.
  7. Brickman301

I can’t get this pipe out of my head! It’s just so good looking, I can’t. How does it smoke? I have to admit, I’ve been looking at them on line. And I thought I was done buying pipes. Lol. Maybe just one more. Hahahahaha

RyX likes this.
  8. RyX

RyX DoH!

Thank you! Jobey did a great job on this particular one. It's not my only by them, so I'm assuming the quality holds across their line. The bowl is deeper textured than any other rusticated finish I own. Both my Jobey's have threaded stems that show no sign of loosening or wear. This Stromboli has a well drilled draft hole that affords a very easy draw. I'd recommend them if you're thinking about adding another pipe to your den. There are a bunch of different shapes listed at tobaccopipes.com.

Brickman301 likes this.
  9. Brickman301

Thanks, I’ll be checking them out.

RyX likes this.
  10. RyX

RyX DoH!

Seems like I've seen a couple Nording pipes around here. If anyone is in the mood to view and maybe bid for three on a site that isn't the bay, PM me. They end on or around 6/14/2018 at 5:00:00 PM Pacific Time. I suspect they'll quickly get outside my price range. Not my style either.
    auction Nording.gif

11. Morman Bridge

Morman Bridge Well-Known Member

Hi guys, and gals, I was visiting a friend today at his place of business, and I discovered he had a small stock of pipes and pipe tobacco. His shop is a cigar store/private smoking club. So I took a few photos with his permission to show you folks what he had there. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I don’t know if there is anything interesting, or unusual there, but I thought I would share this.
    Enjoy!

Tdmsu, AGHisBBS and RyX like this.
  12. RyX

RyX DoH!

Delayed gratification. There's a glitch in the matrix slowing the viewing of photos. I see "(IMG)" but no images through Firefox browser. I checked using Tapatalk but they won't load yet.

*EDIT*: The photos loaded! Just took a while for the electrons to push down the pipe.
    Alan @Morman Bridge - in the last photo, bottom shelf, back row, center tin - Drew Estates. Should you visit the shop I'd be curious to know which variety.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
  13. Morman Bridge

Hi, sure thing, which variety are you looking for?

14. RyX

RyX DoH!

A friend of mine likes "Gatsby Luxury Flake".

Bama Samurai likes this.
  15. Morman Bridge

No problem, Gatsby’s Luxury Flake it is!

Tdmsu and RyX like this.
  16. Morman Bridge

I will check it out this weekend!

RyX likes this.
  17. Brickman301

Frog Morton on the bayou, in a no name basket Italian pipe. Enjoy your weekend!
    [​IMG]

AGHisBBS, RyX and Tdmsu like this.
  18. Deeter

Deeter Well-Known Member

Ashton consummate gentleman
    Ropp cherry

AGHisBBS and Tdmsu like this.
  19. Deeter

Deeter Well-Known Member

Ropp cherry
    Sutliff vanilla custard. A friend gave me a bowl's worth to try. Very mild. Odd name though.
    Can anyone compare Kirsten vs Falcon? Thank you.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
  20. RyX

RyX DoH!

Last load from a tin of Dunhill Three Year Matured Virginia in the Kaywoodie Churchwarden. Heavy humidity this morning. [​IMG]

Tapatalk Via Kyocera