Your Pipe of The Day.

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by KcHighLife, Oct 13, 2013.

1. Brickman301

Brickman301 Well-Known Member

Nice pipe, bulldogs are one of my favorite styles. Also love the coffee cup, I’m a life member myself:happy088: I’ve been trying to make out what’s engraved on your lighter. Is it the National WWII memorial?

BamaT, AGHisBBS, Tdmsu and 1 other person like this.
  2. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

At my Favorite igar shop. Picked up some nice C&D Billy Budd for the new to me Bari. Veddy nice Latakia blend.
    20180709_155439.jpg

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
  3. Brickman301

Just finished a bowl, this is great stuff.
    Rimboche AP VAper
    Unmarked Italian pipe [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaT, AGHisBBS, RyX and 2 others like this.
  4. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

camart1531221985315.jpg
    Good Morning! A bowl of Racing Green in my Cayuga.

BamaT, AGHisBBS, RyX and 1 other person like this.
  5. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Veddy nice.

Tdmsu and Brickman301 like this.
  6. AGHisBBS

AGHisBBS Well-Known Member

How's the Billy Budd? I'm looking for strong latakia tastes.

7. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I like it. It is a good stout Latakia. I would recommend it.

AGHisBBS and Tdmsu like this.
  8. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

I had a bowl of C&D John Marr in my Falcon a while doing yard work this afternoon. This tobacco is another keeper for me.

AGHisBBS and RyX like this.
  9. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

Nice to see another life member here! That lighter is from the National WWII Museum in New Orleans. My dad and all my uncles fought in WWII, so going through that museum was very special to me. Every time I use that pipe lighter I think of their efforts and sacrifices. Unlike so many families, every one of them came home, in spite of going ashore at the Battle of Tarawa, the Battle of the Bulge, the Battle of Remagen at the Rhine River, fighting through the Philippines and the Gilberts, and numerous other battles, battle scars and Purple Hearts. I grew up hearing some of these stories, but now that they are all gone, I wish I had paid more attention. I get very emotional when I think about what they did.

AGHisBBS, Tdmsu, RyX and 1 other person like this.
  10. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

Have you ever tried G.L. Pease Abingdon? That is a pretty stout blend as I recall.

11. Brickman301

Hard to put it in words. I wish I could meet them all to say thanks. All I can say is they were definitely the greatest generation. I grew up hearing some of the stories myself. My father (army)and 1 uncle (marines) were in Vietnam. They have told me a lot. I had one grandfather (navy) and a great uncle (marines)in WWII. My grandfather was in Pearl Harbor, on the day of the bombing. My great uncle, was in the pacific, and didn’t talk much at all about it. I never meet my great grandfather, he received the distinguished service cross in WWI.

AGHisBBS, RyX and BamaT like this.
  12. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

Do you have any pictures from their service? I would love to see them sometime. I have several pics of my dad in uniform, but only one that I have been able to find of him actually overseas in the Pacific. I had planned on posting it on the anniversary of the Battle of Tarawa. It’s not as well known as say Iowa Jima or Guadalcanal, but it was the first offensive action we took in the Pacific and was the first amphibious landing if I recall correctly, and was strategically important. My dad spoke more and more of Tarawa as he grew older, and his face would grow longer and he would stare off in the distance through the window. I knew in his mind’s eye he was back on the beachhead of Tarawa.

Maybe we should start a thread in memory or honor of our Veterans, either current forum members or family members.

AGHisBBS, Tdmsu, RyX and 1 other person like this.
  13. Brickman301

My father has pictures of himself in Vietnam. He talks about some of the stuff he did and gets teary eyed. He also has some pictures of my grandfather and great grandfather while in the service. I do have a copy of the transcript of how my great grandfather received the distinguished service cross. If a thread was started, I would definitely put that up, and could probably put some pictures up as well.

AGHisBBS, Tdmsu and RyX like this.
  14. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

No pic tonight....H&H Virginia Spice in a GBD Canadian. This is a Jekyl and Hyde blend for me, sometimes I like it and other times not so much. Tonight it was good in the GBD, or maybe it’s the Canadian shape with the taller more slender bowl. Guess I’ll need to keep track of what pipe I’m smoking it in.

15. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Dr. Grabow Latakia on the way to work.

[​IMG]

16. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Racing Green? Hmmm..I was just Pifed British Racing Green Shave Soap.

AGHisBBS, Tdmsu and RyX like this.
  17. Brickman301

No picture tonight, but I enjoyed some Rimboche VAper in a MM freehand. Long smoke after dinner, sitting by the pool with the family.

AGHisBBS, BamaT, Tdmsu and 1 other person like this.
  18. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

Hmmm.......not sure I want to put that in a pipe, ;).

Tdmsu likes this.
  19. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

Good times to be savored!

AGHisBBS and Brickman301 like this.
  20. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.