Your wishlisted items

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Demidog, Sep 17, 2016.

1. Demidog

Demidog Well-Known Member

After going absolutely wild and way over budget when I first switched to traditional shaving, I have kind of taken a hiatus from buying shaving gear that I don't need, so I started compiling a wishlist. I see that there is usually a yearly holiday wishlist on these forums, but I didn't find one for 2015 so I guess this will suffice for now. Instead of just posting my personal list, I hope others will chime in with their wishlists as well.

Pictures pulled from various parts of the web:
    • Dirty Bird scuttle
    [​IMG]
    The spiral pattern is pictured here, but I would love a scuttle with the webbed pattern. I think that these scuttles are absolutely beautiful and they seem to be the holy grail of shaving scuttles. I don't think that I'll ever have a job that would allow me to justify spending so much on a shaving luxury, but the Georgetown Pottery scuttles are a bit more affordable, so I might go with one of those instead some day.
    • Rockwell Model T
    [​IMG]
    This isn't even out yet, but apart from the Merkur Futur, it seems to be the only modern fully stainless adjustable safety razor around. I would just go with a vintage Gillette but I don't want to spend time hunting for a fairly priced vintage razor that is still in excellent condition. I think that it would be cool to buy a new quality razor and start the history of handing it down to the next generation.
    • Charcoal Goods razor
    [​IMG]
    I already have a Charcoal Goods head that I use daily, but I would love one of these handles some day. I can't yet decide on the handle design that I like best, but I'll have a ton of time to think it over since it will probably be a very long time before I purchase one of these. The guy behind this operation is awesome and I love his soaps.
    • More soaps, aftershaves, and preshaves
    There are many on my wishlist but some of our resident vendors are at the top of my list, including Route 66 and Ginger's Garden. I only hope that the vendors on my wishlist don't suddenly disappear when the time comes for me to purchase one of their products but for now, I have enough soaps to last me a few years.
    • Miscellaneous items from soap artisans
    I recently discovered pomades but unfortunately, I think I've finally reached the point where I'm losing my hair, so trying these might soon be out of the question. However, some artisans also make lip balm, bath soaps, colognes, and a few other goodies, so I will be trying these out at some point. I ordered a wooden soap bowl from Mama Bear recently but then I found out that she has ceramic bowls, and now those are also on my wishlist.

PickledNorthern and Bama Samurai like this.
  2. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

Georgetown scuttles are quite cool as well, i would put them up there with dirty bird.

Delta echo razors. Check them out.

Tons of soaps and aftershaves

Another big vintage 8/8 straight razor

3. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Get two more razors, Fatboy and Slim and have a matching set done by Delta Echo and keep my other two original.

Bama Samurai and Demidog like this.
  4. Rockclimber

Rockclimber Well-Known Member

A few decent straight razors once I perfect my honing.

5. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

1 AAAA Grade NOS or AAAA Restored Wostenholm or DublDuck half hollow 6/8 or similar.

I don't need one, but they're pretty slick.

champagneinhand and Demidog like this.
  6. Dzia Dzia

Dzia Dzia Entitled to whine

Gillette Sheraton, modern day SS, maybe blackbird OC. A vintage straight that doesn't require a lot of work to restore.

Don

Demidog likes this.
  7. Christopher Powell

Christopher Powell Well-Known Member

Demidog likes this.
  8. ARGH

ARGH Well-Known Member

Japanese finish stones.

I am good on everything else for a while.

Demidog likes this.