Yule Shave

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by NCoxSTL, Dec 21, 2014.

1. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

So Happy Yule everyone....Winter Solstice/first day of winter.....traditional Yule before all the xmas madness.

Decided to try a new acquisition today, my 46/47 Aristocrat I got from a local connection from another board.

Shower, hot towel prep, followed up with Catie's Bubbles Bailey's Irish Coffee creme, best badger brush, Aristocrat with new Astra SP. Three passes, incredibly smooth and no nicks. Ended with Aqua Velva Musk at the request of the wife and I can say it was a great shave. First time for the Aristocrat and I can see why people love them.

2. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

3. celestino

celestino Friendly Neighborhood Wetshaver

4. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

Im loving my 48'-50' Aristocrat. I haven't looked at my Merkur since acquiring mine....

Mr. Shaverman likes this.
  5. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

I definitely know what you mean. I need to get mine replated, some minor problems on the handle and top of the doors, and once I do I could see myself with it first in rotation or taking something else completely out of rotation. I considered using it for the 30 day rule in January but decided to try an even older Gillette for that. Still, the Aristocrat is a great razor. I was lucky to end up with it!