Zeepk

Discussion in 'Straight Razors' started by Will, Sep 15, 2007.

1. Will

Will Nevermind

2. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

As far as the str8s, the consensus seems to be those are letter openers.

Stick with the German made (not just German "style") or US or Sheffield or Swedish blades. ;)

(Or TI-French, etc.)

3. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

Not good blades from what ive heard in the str8 community.

4. madmedic

madmedic Resistance Is Futile

That's exactly what I use mine for:D

5. Scorpio

Scorpio Big Hitter

Keep away Will, unless you need butter knives.

Raf

6. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

I just wanted to buy some to practice my honeing.....and i heard that would be a bad move as well.

7. CatMan

CatMan Member

That's what I read, too. It's cheap material from Pakistan. I still don't understand completely why it wouldn't be sufficiant for honing practice at least. Maybe the razer - if we can call it that - is so non-straight that you can't put it on a flat hone? If the edge doesn't have contact with the hone all the way, that would be the end of the game, I guess.
    Maybe someone more experienced could enlighten us?

8. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

They say it is something that wont hold an edge at all. Not really something you want to learn with.

9. Scorpio

Scorpio Big Hitter

Gents,

Save your money and get an ebay special for about the same price. These razors are absolute rubbish. If want to learn to hone the ebay special is the way to go. Or if you have the time go to your local antiques mall and pick up a couple of them. Make sure the blade is not cracked, chipped or warped. Stay away from the rust buckets. Believe me when I say there are great razors out there just waiting to be brought into a good home.

Raf

10. CatMan

CatMan Member

Thanks Raf! I take your word for it.

11. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

I wish i could find someplace like that here in NYC. I know there are bound to be....but where to look is the question.

12. Padron

Padron Active Member

Isaac, try some antique stores...my dad goes to those stores all the time and says he sees alot of nice looking straights........for some reason...he doesn't buy them for me though :confused::confused::confused::(

13. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

Im gonna start looking around when i get back from the wedding.

14. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    He doesn't like you perhaps? :(

That's not very nice of him.

I like you! You give me coffee! :drool

15. Bill

Bill Man of Steel

STEP AWAY FROM THE ZEEPK!!

... even if they were free.

16. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

And there is the voice of authority. Someone with 1500 str8 razors and a ton of experience with working with all kinds of sharp instruments should know when you should run, not walk, from a str8. :D

17. Sledge

Sledge New Member

yeah ive heard those are junk... for the price you can get them for on ebay, how could they possibly be worth anything? i think ive seen those things for $4.99 or less... lol your probably better off with a shavette...

18. bg42

bg42 New Member

Presents

These make lovely presents ,particularly if you don`t like the character that your giving it to .I must admit ,I`m the not so proud owner of one of these:mad:,it happened when I didn`t know any better ( I still don`t know any better) I threw it in the bottom of the draw somewhere ,with a mental note of ,use the scales ,there not too bad,now If I could just remember where I chucked them
    Kind regards Peter
    PS If you haven't worked it out from my incoherent ramblings ,don`t go near them

19. fritz

fritz New Member

AHEM! Yes, you certainly are! A Dovo Shavette is actually a fine shaving instrument, especially with the green holder and a Fromm or Panasonic blade. I shaved with one last week, and went to get a haircut, so I thought I'd bring it along for my barber to use on my neck. He was so impressed he wanted to order one...:cool: